Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Stream Windshield Version 2.0 SciFi's Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:35 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default X-Stream Windshield Version 2.0 SciFi's Review

Well as I mention in my old thread I just recieved and installed the new 2.0 version of the Long Ride Shields X-Stream windshield.

Just to review this is the 8" Dark Grey Shield.

When looking at the two shield side by side you really can't see any difference between the two other then the supports on the bottom of the shield are a little shorter.

First the instal went nice and easy. No problem what so ever getting it on like the 1.0 version.

Now for the biggie. Did the T-Bags three pocket windshield bag fit.

Yep no problem. The only thing is the center bag sticks out a little bit. But as you'll see from the pic's its not bad at all and I would have no problem with it. The two out pockets are little tight in getting into them but is again no problem. Theres no problem at all opening the center pouch.

Now for the pic's.

Here you can see the gap behind the center bag I was talking about.

As you can see from these pic's of the side no problems

Last edited by SciFiGuy; 02-24-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:40 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master

I'll report in tomorrow morning after I get to work about the ride with the 2.0

So far I'm very pleased with the looks of the shield. I think the gap between the center bag and the backing of the T-Bag pouch look a little worse in the pic's then it does in person. You can see how the backing aligns with the back of the shield just fine.

Stay Tuned

Old 02-24-2010, 07:16 PM
BuckHunter
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SciFiGuy
I'll report in tomorrow morning after I get to work about the ride with the 2.0

So far I'm very pleased with the looks of the shield. I think the gap between the center bag and the backing of the T-Bag pouch look a little worse in the pic's then it does in person. You can see how the backing aligns with the back of the shield just fine.

Stay Tuned
SciFiGuy,
What kind of T-Bags are those? I really like those better than the ones I have seen that are just 3 plain bags.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's been a few of days since I made a post to LSR. I'm still waiting to hear from them ref. what changes, if any, were made to the 8" Light Gray shield (5hole) and if changes were made, would they be sending me the new version or do I ship the original one back.

I shouldn't have to read these posts just find out if a revision has been made. I should be personally contacted also I think if a revision has been made, LSR should mail out the revised shield so the buyer will only have to do one swap and no down riding time!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:47 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Q Hog
It's been a few of days since I made a post to LSR. I'm still waiting to hear from them ref. what changes, if any, were made to the 8" Light Gray shield (5hole) and if changes were made, would they be sending me the new version or do I ship the original one back.

I shouldn't have to read these posts just find out if a revision has been made. I should be personally contacted also I think if a revision has been made, LSR should mail out the revised shield so the buyer will only have to do one swap and no down riding time!

Have you tried emailing them? They are pretty good at responding during the week. You can also check out their website where they explain what was corrected to the new shields.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:54 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master

Originally Posted by BuckHunter
SciFiGuy,
What kind of T-Bags are those? I really like those better than the ones I have seen that are just 3 plain bags.
Its item number TB3200WBP

Heres a link to their web site.
http://www.tbags.com/detail.aspx?ID=92&SelectedCat=2

I got mine from Eastern Performance using their EBay store.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:20 PM
BuckHunter
Intermediate

The bags in your picture have a metal HD emblem on the center bag, is that something you added later?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Conehead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BH, That is something he added, the middle bag has the T-Bags emblem. They are nice bags! I got mine from Phat Performance for around $60.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:37 PM
The Whale
Cruiser

I've read through both threads and still haven't determined if there is more or less buffeting than with the recurve. I really like the look of the X but won't change to it unless it is significantly better.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:43 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master

Originally Posted by BuckHunter
The bags in your picture have a metal HD emblem on the center bag, is that something you added later?
Originally Posted by Conehead
BH, That is something he added, the middle bag has the T-Bags emblem. They are nice bags! I got mine from Phat Performance for around $60.
Yes it's a HD emblem I bought and the local dealer after seeing a couple of others on the forum here do the same. Fits over the T-Bag logo perfectly.

Quick Reply: X-Stream Windshield Version 2.0 SciFi's Review