HD Part numbers suffix. What do these mean? - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums



Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

HD Part numbers suffix. What do these mean?

Reply
 
 
 
P
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 02-28-2010, 10:17 PM
davessworks davessworks is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 3,341
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Always thought the year designation was one of the most useful aspects of the current numbering system. WHY?!?!?! (and when?)

Last edited by davessworks; 02-28-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-01-2010, 06:20 AM
SpiderPig's Avatar
SpiderPig SpiderPig is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,817
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawg View Post
67442-04 is not a valid pn# Where did you find that number?
This is on the back of the speedometer on a small white label. I tried looking this number up in Chicgao HD website. Got the same thing, no number found.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-01-2010, 07:24 AM
dawg's Avatar
dawg dawg is offline
Club Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 20,968
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davessworks View Post
Always thought the year designation was one of the most useful aspects of the current numbering system. WHY?!?!?! (and when?)
Why - HD claims under the current numbering system, they will run out of part numbers by 2012.

When - the original documentation claimed that all new products beginning in Dec 09 would have the new pn#'s. However, I did not see that happen. I'm wondering if the new products released at the summer dealer show this year will or not.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Ultra89Rider's Avatar
Ultra89Rider Ultra89Rider is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal & West TN
Posts: 1,687
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawg View Post
Why - HD claims under the current numbering system, they will run out of part numbers by 2012.

When - the original documentation claimed that all new products beginning in Dec 09 would have the new pn#'s. However, I did not see that happen. I'm wondering if the new products released at the summer dealer show this year will or not.
One easy way to not run out of numbers is to stop using Harley part numbers for all of the clothes and junk that is for all of the tourists. Just use the regular part numbers for motorcycle parts. Use the new numbering system for all of the shirts, ear rings and other junk that they sell in the Boutique section.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-01-2010, 01:19 PM
davessworks davessworks is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 3,341
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra89Rider View Post
One easy way to not run out of numbers is to stop using Harley part numbers for all of the clothes and junk that is for all of the tourists. Just use the regular part numbers for motorcycle parts. Use the new numbering system for all of the shirts, ear rings and other junk that they sell in the Boutique section.
Hmm - or they could have just used another digit up front. My understanding is this is consistent with the rest of the auto industry but I don't like it.
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
P
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has this happened to you ??? Electrical problem ??? WOLFE1584 Touring Models 3 04-12-2015 10:45 PM
Need help on CE prob. New HD owner JYG82 Electrical/Lighting/Alarm 3 08-27-2014 06:13 PM
Tachometer - Touring 67348-04d 1fathog Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories 1 04-15-2013 08:29 PM
Replaced Tach / ABS light 'on' UltraClassicElectraGlide Touring Models 6 04-27-2012 05:02 PM
WEIRd DTC CODEs 06 EC spikebetrayer Touring Models 3 09-11-2010 11:07 AM


Tags
6734804, 6734804b, 6734804d, 6734904a, 6744204, codes, end, harley, letter, model, number, numbers, part, pn, suffix, work

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.