Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLIP ONS for '09 Touring...(aka: Baby gets some new cans!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 02:32 AM
ghostflamed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SLIP ONS for '09 Touring...(aka: Baby gets some new cans!)

Who makes the best Slip-On's for my new '09 Road Glide? I know it's a subjective question but would like to know what you think and why. I want it all (don't we all?)...increased HP and Torque and I prefer a LOW END bass rumble exhaust note to the sharp cracking sound of some.

Here's the players so far:

Vance & Hines Monster Ovals
Rinehart Touring
Bub 7 for Touring
Screamin Eagle
Bassani

I'm not going to buy headers so just slip-on info. only please.

Who am I missing? Plusses and minuses on the above group?

Last edited by ghostflamed; 10-12-2008 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:02 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I put on the D&D Super Boss, can check their website they have a link for sound and dyno chart for stock motor. Lots of people use the V&H Ovals also they seem happy with them. It is subjective so I would go to a rally or big bike night to listen to a few.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Roadjunkie1
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck

Old 10-12-2008, 06:17 AM
Badbagger09
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Se performance touring mufflers, great sound and no additional cost for high flo air cleaner kit or download. Try them, you will like them......
Ride safe

Old 10-12-2008, 06:19 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

After listening to sound clips and watching you tube vids, I am going to get Monster Ovals myself, once they release the 09 sets.

I am actually impressed with the stock mufflers that came on the bike and they will suffice until MOs are out. Nice job by HD though...

Last edited by RODEO; 10-12-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:22 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

If cost is a factor in your decision, Rush slip-ons are the way to go in my opinion. Great quality and sound levels of your choice.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:34 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have the Rush Slip-ons. Sounds like a Harley and can still hear the radio at 70 mph. They will sound off when you crack the throttle. I will probably buy some V&H Monster Ovals somewhere down the like but like the Rush for now. They were to only thing out when I got my 09. They were not very expensive compared to the other.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:00 AM
alqaadir
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for Rush

Old 10-12-2008, 09:23 AM
swirvin1234
Advanced

I'm in the same boat. 09 RK looking for slip ons. Torn between Rush and SE 1 piece. I want to do the SE AC and the download as well and my dealer explained that the map HD has is designed for the HD products. So SE will probably end up on my 09 so there is no hassle with dyno tunes and messing with a tuner. I went crazy with the pipes and tuner on my last bike and even vehicle, don't want to deal with it again.

Rush seem to be louder though if that is what your trying to achieve.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Stock exhaust is not that bad on the 09's as far as stock exhausts are concerned. I could actually ride for a while with them w/o feeling the need to change. And this coming from a guy who has to change exhaust as soon as possible after leaving the dealership.

As far as what you have listed the Rinehart slip-ons have the best deep bass rumble. Bub 7's come close but are a little more mellow. I have seen a few videos of the Monster Ovals and they seem to sound pretty good. But they are a little pricey as far as slip-ons are concerned. You might also want to consider Rush. There are alot of satisfied Rush owners out there. Wild Pigs are pretty much the same as Rush but cheaper. And you can find WP blems on ebay for a price that is hard to beat.

Quick Reply: SLIP ONS for '09 Touring...(aka: Baby gets some new cans!)