Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 03-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Hang Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogaloodude View Post
Is this a problem that developed over time, or right from the start? You did calibrate the throttle, right? Are you having a problem with hesitation, stumbling, or something else?
I was told you could not calibrate the throttle on the newer bikes. I having a slight hesitation on a hard throttle. Thoughts????????
Old 03-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Club Member
Mike Marler

Ok, I was thinking of the '07 and older bikes. Apparantly starting on the 08's with the throttle-by-wire, the calibration step at mode 19 is not necessary. At mode 21, you should still be reading 0 at closed throttle, 50 at half-throttle, and 99 at wide open. A hesitation at hard throttle that doesn't happen other times is likely just a setting issue. V&H are usually very good at answering emails. You're probably going to have to get some help from them.

It looks like your exhaust system doesn't exactly match any of the ones on the 2010 settings chart. What map are you using? I plugged in your bike and got map 3270.

2007 FLHP with some mods. 100% home built

Dress like men. Wrench like monkeys.
And ride like mf-ers.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Elite HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRookie View Post
I was told you could not calibrate the throttle on the newer bikes. I having a slight hesitation on a hard throttle. Thoughts????????
Have you checked for updates on the V & H Fuel Pak Site?

On my '09, Mode 1 was changed from 0 to 5...It appears to have increased my rpm's at idle which the fuel pak is not supposed to do from reading their site. I'll be riding today, so I'll see if keeping an eye on it.
'09 SG, Black Pearl, Cruise, Security, ABS, MGS Duals/Pipes, Fuel Moto A/F, Rev. Performance EMS, TW-222 Cams, VThunder Lifters, Zippers Dual Piston Tensioners, Baisley Oil Spring, HD CC Anarchy Wheels, Satellite Radio, 100% LED's, Twin Peak 12" Apes, JRI Shocks, Race Tech Springs w/ modded Intiminators, Chrome Front End, King Tour Pak, Headwinds Headlight Bezel, Biketronics Amp & Speakers, Jagg 10 Row Oil Cooler, K & P Oil Filter, True-Track Stabilizer.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:25 PM
One Of The Regulars
Texas Glide

I had the problem on an install and Max is correct. You must roll the throttle open, otherwise, in my case, it ran at wide open, but no where else.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Prospect

I used it after the high flow air filter and V & H slip ons and it seems to work flawlessly, I have only been out a few times due to the amount of sand still on the street and rain but it seemed to great response, far better than what I did have anyway.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Hang Around

I picked up an 07 Streetglide with Vance and Hines tru duals , hi flow air cleaner,and fuelpak. It ran good but I thought it should have better throttle repsonse and more pull. I checked the V&H website and got the data for my bike. The settings the guy had loaded were WAY different then they suggested. I changed to the suggested settings. All I can say is wow ,it pulls hard and has great throttle repsonse.Probably will get better mileage also. Make sure you double check your settings,especially if it is a used bike..
Old 03-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Hang Around
Michael Soucie LGN_RDR
Question FP problem

I believe the throttle cal, mode 19 is for cable throttles only and a moot point w/ TBW. I have the V&H Black Widow slip ons with stock header and V&H Naked 2.0 intake on my 2010 limited and have had really bad pinging when she gets warm. V&H has been emailing tweaks but no joy for about 2 months so far. wondering if I got a lemon? Any advice?
Old 03-31-2011, 05:38 PM
Senior Rider

Mine works fine. No problem at all.
'03 Road King Classic FLHRCI, stage 1 1/2 with B&E True Dual conversion, Vance&Hines Ovals, Fuelpak and S&S Tear Drop A/C, S&S 510g cams with adjustable pushrods,Chubby Wild1 wo518's, Sundowner seat, quick release everything
Old 03-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Road Captain

This winter I cut the cat out of my header and installed a S.E. stage 1 A/C,and a Fuelpak with my V&H Twin Slash Rounds. I called V&H and they gave me the Map. There's still way to much snow to ride but I've fired it up and let it run. Seams good but V&H told me if there's any hesatation or lag to call them and they would give me a corrected Map.

2010 Road King
SE Stage 1 Cat removed
Fuelpak, V&H Twin Slash Rounds
Wild1 518"s
Little of this Little of that
Old 03-31-2011, 08:50 PM
Road Captain

Mode 17 adjusts the afr for warm idle, pos numbers will increase fuel and neg will decrease.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:50 PM

P

Tags
2008, 2009, classic, davidson, electra, fuel, fuelpak, glide, harley, hesitation, king, pack, police, problems, reviews, road