Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pak problems

Old 03-09-2010, 10:04 PM
HDRookie
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
Is this a problem that developed over time, or right from the start? You did calibrate the throttle, right? Are you having a problem with hesitation, stumbling, or something else?
I was told you could not calibrate the throttle on the newer bikes. I having a slight hesitation on a hard throttle. Thoughts????????

Old 03-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Ok, I was thinking of the '07 and older bikes. Apparantly starting on the 08's with the throttle-by-wire, the calibration step at mode 19 is not necessary. At mode 21, you should still be reading 0 at closed throttle, 50 at half-throttle, and 99 at wide open. A hesitation at hard throttle that doesn't happen other times is likely just a setting issue. V&H are usually very good at answering emails. You're probably going to have to get some help from them.

It looks like your exhaust system doesn't exactly match any of the ones on the 2010 settings chart. What map are you using? I plugged in your bike and got map 3270.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:53 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRookie
I was told you could not calibrate the throttle on the newer bikes. I having a slight hesitation on a hard throttle. Thoughts????????
Have you checked for updates on the V & H Fuel Pak Site?

On my '09, Mode 1 was changed from 0 to 5...It appears to have increased my rpm's at idle which the fuel pak is not supposed to do from reading their site. I'll be riding today, so I'll see if keeping an eye on it.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Landon
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the problem on an install and Max is correct. You must roll the throttle open, otherwise, in my case, it ran at wide open, but no where else.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:35 AM
jake0matic
Cruiser

I used it after the high flow air filter and V & H slip ons and it seems to work flawlessly, I have only been out a few times due to the amount of sand still on the street and rain but it seemed to great response, far better than what I did have anyway.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Willetts1
Advanced

I picked up an 07 Streetglide with Vance and Hines tru duals , hi flow air cleaner,and fuelpak. It ran good but I thought it should have better throttle repsonse and more pull. I checked the V&H website and got the data for my bike. The settings the guy had loaded were WAY different then they suggested. I changed to the suggested settings. All I can say is wow ,it pulls hard and has great throttle repsonse.Probably will get better mileage also. Make sure you double check your settings,especially if it is a used bike..

Old 03-31-2011, 05:05 PM
BeaconDeacon
6th Gear
Question FP problem

I believe the throttle cal, mode 19 is for cable throttles only and a moot point w/ TBW. I have the V&H Black Widow slip ons with stock header and V&H Naked 2.0 intake on my 2010 limited and have had really bad pinging when she gets warm. V&H has been emailing tweaks but no joy for about 2 months so far. wondering if I got a lemon? Any advice?

Old 03-31-2011, 05:38 PM
Alabamaslammer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine works fine. No problem at all.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:26 PM
stewy1200c
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

This winter I cut the cat out of my header and installed a S.E. stage 1 A/C,and a Fuelpak with my V&H Twin Slash Rounds. I called V&H and they gave me the Map. There's still way to much snow to ride but I've fired it up and let it run. Seams good but V&H told me if there's any hesatation or lag to call them and they would give me a corrected Map.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:50 PM
Phat09flhx
Road Captain

Mode 17 adjusts the afr for warm idle, pos numbers will increase fuel and neg will decrease.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel Pak problems