Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lokar flush mount LEDs

Old 03-11-2010, 07:27 PM
o3softtail
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lokar flush mount LEDs

I just put new tailights in my bike, and need some help. I put flush mount LED lights in my bags, by a company named Lokar. They say these will function as run, turn, and brake. Its only a 3 wire setup, and below is the directions, word for word.

GREEN= BRAKE WIRE (TURN SIGNALS CONTROLLED BY TURN SIGNAL SWITCH)
YELLOW=TAILIGHT WIRE (RUNNING LIGHTS)
BLACK=CONNECT TO GOOD CHASSIS GROUND

On my 04 Ultra, according to my service manual, the brake wire is RED/YELLOW
the tailight wire is ORANGE/WHITE
and the left turn signal wire is VIOLET.

I connected the black on the light to the black ground coming out of the bikes harness, the green on the light to the red/yellow out of the bikes harness, and the yellow on the light to the orange/white wire out of the bikes harness. That all worked just as it should. Now, the turn signal wire is where Im lost. According to the directions, I should also connect the violet from the bike to the green on the light (which is also the brake light wire). It will flash when I hit the turn signal, but when I hit the brake as well, it stops flashing. Am I missing something here? Would lack of a load equalizer, cause my problem? Or do I need to do some creative wiring to and from the flasher. I hope you wont tell me that I need diff light, as I have already cut the holes in my bags.......

Attached Thumbnails Lokar flush mount LEDs-taillight-1.jpg  
Old 03-11-2010, 07:30 PM
ThaGlyde
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you already purchase the brake/run/turn module from the dealership or anywhere else? My module is mounted under the seat.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:48 PM
o3softtail
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DUH!!!!! Dont I feel stupid.....I have not. But, now that you mention it, I had to buy one for my softail to use the rear turn signals as brake lights....I bet thats exactly what I need for this bike huh?