Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for passenger floorboard help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 02:24 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for passenger floorboard help...

I had an '02, '03 and '06 Ultra; due to my heighth, I changed out the OEM seat to a Reach and felt pretty comfortable on them. On my 2010 Ultra, I've changed out the seat and installed the Profile Low rear shocks. Along with my riding boots, it's worked out pretty well.

Except... due to some unknown change in the frame, I'm having issues with the passenger floorboards, when down, being in my way when I'm stopping or taking off. I've talked to the dealer and they acknowledge that they've had some complaints, but don't have a specific solution. Anyone here with the same issue, and how did you reslove it? Going through the Catalog, I could change out the passenger floorboards and go to the Mini-Floorboard Kit (#50451-09), the Reduced Reach Passenger Floorboard Kit (#50789-99B) which raises the floorboard 2 1/4", or the Adjustable Passenger Footboard Mount Kit (#50768-07), which when all the way down, actually moves the floorboard forward, but then can rotate back when in raised position, and hopefully not have the back of my leg catching on the floorboard, or install the Passenger Footpeg Mounting Kit (#50198-97B) with some over-sized pegs. I want the passenger to have some comfort, but more importantly, I want them to have confidence when I come to a stop and take-off that I'm not going to drop the bike by getting my leg caught on the passenger floorboard.

Any suggestions that people have tried?

Thanks,

Old 03-14-2010, 05:05 PM
tgshoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have had a similar issue and simply have learned to pick my feet up a little sooner rather than letting them trail behind as I take off. It has worked out well after an adjustment period.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:41 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 306 Likes on 178 Posts

I put the forward rider floorboard pans on mine. Also the Kuryakin brackets.
Moved my floorboards forward a couple inches and out an inch. More room for my feet when stopped and when riding. (BTW I'm 5'8" with 30" inseam).

Old 03-15-2010, 03:10 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior

Thanks for the replies and suggestions; anyone else out there have the same problem, and took some sort of steps to re-locate the passenger floorboards or change out to mini-floorboards or pegs?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Phat09flhx
Road Captain

My last 2 bikes had floorboards and I hated them,then I traded for my 09 SG and the pegs were A+ not only for me but my wife as well. She can now relax her feet back and forth being able to point her toes down for me when we have to stop. She says its more comfortable than the old floorboards.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:56 PM
NavyPT
Road Master

I like the idea of the pegs for the passenger and might give them a try as well. My wife is not a fan of the floor boards at all and does not find them comfortable but confining on long trips.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:01 PM
07yellowglide
Road Warrior

what up navy pt..how ya doing

Old 03-16-2010, 08:14 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a set of (#50198-97B) that i'll let go for $40 delivered. i used them on my 01 cop bike until i found standard footboards. PM me if interested.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:27 AM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by NavyPT
I like the idea of the pegs for the passenger and might give them a try as well.
Guess I'm leaning that way too. H-D makes a variety of styles, including some 'over-sized' flat-styled versions that are a little wider then the typical rounded-style. The mini-floorboard style looks workable too and would increase the area immediately behind my legs.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:47 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,930 Likes on 1,914 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraClassicElectraGlide
I had an '02, '03 and '06 Ultra; due to my heighth, I changed out the OEM seat to a Reach and felt pretty comfortable on them. On my 2010 Ultra, I've changed out the seat and installed the Profile Low rear shocks. Along with my riding boots, it's worked out pretty well.

Except... due to some unknown change in the frame, I'm having issues with the passenger floorboards, when down, being in my way when I'm stopping or taking off. I've talked to the dealer and they acknowledge that they've had some complaints, but don't have a specific solution. Anyone here with the same issue, and how did you reslove it? Going through the Catalog, I could change out the passenger floorboards and go to the Mini-Floorboard Kit (#50451-09), the Reduced Reach Passenger Floorboard Kit (#50789-99B) which raises the floorboard 2 1/4", or the Adjustable Passenger Footboard Mount Kit (#50768-07), which when all the way down, actually moves the floorboard forward, but then can rotate back when in raised position, and hopefully not have the back of my leg catching on the floorboard, or install the Passenger Footpeg Mounting Kit (#50198-97B) with some over-sized pegs. I want the passenger to have some comfort, but more importantly, I want them to have confidence when I come to a stop and take-off that I'm not going to drop the bike by getting my leg caught on the passenger floorboard.

Any suggestions that people have tried?

Thanks,
Howdie,
I really think that this might solve your issue.
I did a quick diagram showing what I think is happening and showing what passenger extensions will do.
I have a unconditional money back guarantee with free shipping both ways. You are welcome to purchase a set, mount them, try them and return them (I pay shipping back) if they don't do what you need them to do.
I hope this helps you.
Best regards,
Tom

Last edited by VTwin-Goodies; 03-16-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for passenger floorboard help...