Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 03-19-2010, 07:05 PM
New Guy

I may be reading this wrong but isn't your bike a 2010 RKC? If so, shouldn't this be covered under warranty?
Old 03-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Prospect

I have a nice set of classic saddlebags I will sell you cheap!!! If you are interested PM me. Sorry for your loss
Old 03-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Elite HDF Member

Brukus has a secure kit with locking key. It took me all of 2 minutes per bag to install them the other day when they came in.

West AZ Biker

Old 03-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Supporter

Heard of this also. One of the reasons I added the nastalgic rails to my CVO Ultra. Aint seeing my bag flying down the highway w/o me!!

Dan Stuckey
Altoona, Pa
Old 03-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Elite HDF Member

RIP, saddlebag, RIP

06 road king police
95" stage II
Old 03-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Hang Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Kid View Post
I may be reading this wrong but isn't your bike a 2010 RKC? If so, shouldn't this be covered under warranty?
Cant see HD viewing this as a warrenty issue, more likely to take the same stance as my Mrs, "not properly secured in the first place". Though I would be delighted if they did of course.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Road Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammy View Post
I've just been reading the "How to Secure" tips, and clearly a great idea based on a lot of personal experience. I'll certainly being doing some adjustments to mine needless to say...my Sportster had no bags, so I'm learning this lesson quickly, but the expensive way. Speaking of which, how much will a fresh set of saddlebags cost?
The right side bag assembly (this is a painted part, and the part numbers are different), if you order it through Zanottimotors.com is currently $532.55. It takes between 4 to six weeks to get painted parts depending on the availability. The cost from my local dealer is $689.00. The shipping costs for the saddlebag, for me was $24. All in all, you can't beat the costs.
2007 FLHX, SE Heavy Breather A/C, RB Racing Pro Street Spyder header, SE 204 cams, Works 13" Steel Tracker ARC rear shocks, Race Tech Front Suspension with gold emulators (no drop, stock height), Bagger Brace frame link, Power Commander V Retro with Autotune. Just the beginning, more to come
Old 03-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammy View Post
Cant see HD viewing this as a warrenty issue, more likely to take the same stance as my Mrs, "not properly secured in the first place". Though I would be delighted if they did of course.
That will not be covered by warranty. The mounting system has been being used since '96. They dont just "fall off"

I do have a right side bag that is in perfect condition, less than 500 miles! PM me if your interested in a real good price!

So many Harleys, so few bikers!
Old 03-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Road Captain

[quote=hog-doc;6427907]That will not be covered by warranty. The mounting system has been being used since '96. They dont just "fall off"

I do have a right side bag that is in perfect condition, less than 500 miles! PM me if your interested in a real good price![/quote/]

Yeah, my right bag didn't fall off. My friend was riding my bike and inadvertantly hit a solid object with mine. It just about broke in half and the rear fastener was still holding on. Both mounting brackets, which are fairly stout steel were deformed. I'm pretty impressed with the fasteners.
2007 FLHX, SE Heavy Breather A/C, RB Racing Pro Street Spyder header, SE 204 cams, Works 13" Steel Tracker ARC rear shocks, Race Tech Front Suspension with gold emulators (no drop, stock height), Bagger Brace frame link, Power Commander V Retro with Autotune. Just the beginning, more to come
Old 03-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Road Warrior

Sorry you lost a bag.
I've seen baggers hit potholes and it looked like a saddlebag got launched off the bike like a missile.
My bags have a bolt and u-nut in the rear mounting hole.
This gives me a little more peace of mind while riding.

'14 SG
'14 Ultra
Old 03-19-2010, 09:23 PM

P

Tags
2010, 516, bags, button, chrome, cvo, falling, fell, harley, hd, head, rod, saddlebag, saddlebags, sadle, sadlebags, secure