Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag fell off !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Slip Kid
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be reading this wrong but isn't your bike a 2010 RKC? If so, shouldn't this be covered under warranty?

Old 03-19-2010, 07:08 PM
reds_racing
Cruiser

I have a nice set of classic saddlebags I will sell you cheap!!! If you are interested PM me. Sorry for your loss

Old 03-19-2010, 07:17 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brukus has a secure kit with locking key. It took me all of 2 minutes per bag to install them the other day when they came in.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:19 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Heard of this also. One of the reasons I added the nastalgic rails to my CVO Ultra. Aint seeing my bag flying down the highway w/o me!!

Old 03-19-2010, 07:32 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

RIP, saddlebag, RIP

Old 03-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Rammy
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Slip Kid
I may be reading this wrong but isn't your bike a 2010 RKC? If so, shouldn't this be covered under warranty?
Cant see HD viewing this as a warrenty issue, more likely to take the same stance as my Mrs, "not properly secured in the first place". Though I would be delighted if they did of course.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:45 PM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Rammy
I've just been reading the "How to Secure" tips, and clearly a great idea based on a lot of personal experience. I'll certainly being doing some adjustments to mine needless to say...my Sportster had no bags, so I'm learning this lesson quickly, but the expensive way. Speaking of which, how much will a fresh set of saddlebags cost?
The right side bag assembly (this is a painted part, and the part numbers are different), if you order it through Zanottimotors.com is currently $532.55. It takes between 4 to six weeks to get painted parts depending on the availability. The cost from my local dealer is $689.00. The shipping costs for the saddlebag, for me was $24. All in all, you can't beat the costs.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:45 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Rammy
Cant see HD viewing this as a warrenty issue, more likely to take the same stance as my Mrs, "not properly secured in the first place". Though I would be delighted if they did of course.
That will not be covered by warranty. The mounting system has been being used since '96. They dont just "fall off"

I do have a right side bag that is in perfect condition, less than 500 miles! PM me if your interested in a real good price!

Old 03-19-2010, 09:09 PM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

[quote=hog-doc;6427907]That will not be covered by warranty. The mounting system has been being used since '96. They dont just "fall off"

I do have a right side bag that is in perfect condition, less than 500 miles! PM me if your interested in a real good price![/quote/]

Yeah, my right bag didn't fall off. My friend was riding my bike and inadvertantly hit a solid object with mine. It just about broke in half and the rear fastener was still holding on. Both mounting brackets, which are fairly stout steel were deformed. I'm pretty impressed with the fasteners.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:23 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior

Sorry you lost a bag.
I've seen baggers hit potholes and it looked like a saddlebag got launched off the bike like a missile.
My bags have a bolt and u-nut in the rear mounting hole.
This gives me a little more peace of mind while riding.

Quick Reply: Saddlebag fell off !!