Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HQ 107, FuelMoto, Built By Guy Dalton

Old 03-24-2010, 01:18 PM
mariner227
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HQ 107, FuelMoto, Built By Guy Dalton

I want to post the results of my recent build. After doing the research, I decided to go with a full Head-Quarters 107 Sport Touring engine package. Others have this upgrade and the results that were reported were what I wanted for my style of riding. Doug Coffey and the guys at HQ are top notch in my opinion. The results are as advertised. Buying a kit with matching components is important.

I decided to use the FuelMoto stainless 2 in to 1 into 2 head pipe with Jackpot slash up dyno tuned slip on mufflers. FuelMoto beat the other after market guys to the punch as they had their 2010 exhausts ready a month or so before other companies. Great looking and sounds great. Also produced good dyno numbers, 107 hp, and 114 TQ. The power is there from low rpms all the way to the top. This is the second time I dealt with FM. Their customer service is second to none.

I met Guy Dalton through this forum. After reading many of his posts. I sent him a pm when I was in the early stages of planning this build. We talked on the phone several times and he agreed to do my build. He emailed me a detailed estimate after all parts decisions had been made. Keep in mind that I had never met him face to face. He welcomed me to his home and after meeting him and seeing his shop, I felt real comfortable leaving my bike in his hands. Guy sent pictures and kept me informed as the build progressed. My hat is off to Guy Dalton. Good person with plenty of experience.

Dalton gave me good advice on getting the bike tuned. He suggested that I pick who was going to do the tune first. Then buy the type of tuning device that the tuner prefered. This made sense to me. I was planning a trip to Florida so Guy installed a TTS Mastertune and loaded a map that was real close. I did the break in, then made an appointment at “Doc’s Performance Tuning Center” in Minneola, Florida. Doc also travels around the country and does training sessions for TTS. Great results from Doc!

Hopefully this post will help others who are planning upgrades. Pick parts that complement each other and you will not end up doing it twice. I was lucky enough to have the funds to do everything at once.
Find someone like Dalton to do the work if you don’t have the tools and knowledge to do it yourself. The tune is very important. The final step.

After putting almost 2k miles on the bike I’m grinning ear to ear!
I'm getting some comments like, man it really sounds good and I can't believe that you smoke the back tire when you shift it. It has good behavior when you just putt around too.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Right on, They should make them like this at the factory. Pulls like a freight train doesnt it...

Old 03-24-2010, 01:48 PM
mariner227
Road Master

Originally Posted by Indianspringsaz
Right on, They should make them like this at the factory. Pulls like a freight train doesnt it...
For sure! They should and could come that way, at no extra cost.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:13 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Congratulations Mariner. Dalton and Phil M have been big promoters of HQ and are widely respected. Phil built mine and it runs great, with similar numbers. What kind of MPG are you getting at this point?

Old 03-24-2010, 02:24 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Guy is good people, I hope to someday put my hand in his and share some beers.

What cam comes in the Sport tour package? I dont see such a package on the website.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:36 PM
mariner227
Road Master

Originally Posted by GliderXXX
Congratulations Mariner. Dalton and Phil M have been big promoters of HQ and are widely respected. Phil built mine and it runs great, with similar numbers. What kind of MPG are you getting at this point?
I'm got 40 mpg at 70 mph on the interstate when I checked it. The cams are HQ 575, I think it is listed as a 107ST on the H-Q web site.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Congrats on a fine build; power, reliability, and excellent mpg: who says you can't have your cake and eat it too. You chose well in all respects.

Carl

Old 03-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Lil Evil
Cruiser

Congrats on your build. Will be doing the same in the near future. Your lucky that Guy did the build for you, I always read his posts on the various forums, and always pick up a nugget of knowledge here and there. Will be doing some HQ 500 cams on my one bike next weekend, to get my feet wet, on doing engine work and it will be HQ as my preferred choice for an engine build.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All I can say is it is this type of owner satisfaction that makes it all worth the effort. mariner227 (Allen) was very easy to work with and made good choices and is regarded by me as a friend.

Thanks Allen. Enjoy it and ride safe !

Old 03-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 309 Likes on 181 Posts

Great post and congrats! HQ packages are top notch. Been there, done that and will be doing it again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HQ 107, FuelMoto, Built By Guy Dalton