Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide fairing on Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
pennstater
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Road Glide fairing on Street Glide

I was thinking about installing a Road Glide Fairing on a 2009 Street Glide. I know the mounts changed in 2010, but does anyone know if I can use any year outer and inner fairing and front turn signals?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Joshman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes and for lights the 2004 up deuce style turn signals are the best looking lights and brackets and the inner and outer are the same from 98 till 10. Hope this helps

Old 03-25-2010, 08:43 PM
pennstater
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Joshman
Yes and for lights the 2004 up deuce style turn signals are the best looking lights and brackets and the inner and outer are the same from 98 till 10. Hope this helps
Hey Joshman,
The turn signals from the deuce mount on the hand controls, how would you adapt them???? Do you think the cables would need changed out to adapt to the handle bars?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 234 Likes on 144 Posts

I'm doing the same thing to my 2000 Ultra, the parts man at my HD dealer is a good friend & he just copied the fairing pages from the parts book for me, that way you can look everything over real well. I'd suggest getting the pages for the 09 & 10, I went with the 2010 mount & it was on backorder until last Wed. I got a used inner & outer & turn signals here on the for sale section & picked up a headlight assembly & a few other things on ebay. The fairings are all the same, if you get the parts book pages you can tell what years will backfit. For example the fairing brackets are 58530-98-04-10, in other words the first # doesn't change, but they updated to a new one in 04 & 10, the outer fairing is 58733-98B meaning they haven't done any major changes to it. It's quite a project & can get pretty expensive depending on how many parts you can find used, I'm estimating anywhere from $1000-2500. If you don't have too much tied up in add-ons on your SG that can't be taken off & moved to a RG you might do as well to try & see what you can trade for, not sure what kind of a hit you'd take when going to sell or trade a late model bike that's been changed over, your VIN is always going to bring up the bike as a SG. Good luck whatever you decide to do & if I can help let me know.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:55 PM
pennstater
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
I'm doing the same thing to my 2000 Ultra, the parts man at my HD dealer is a good friend & he just copied the fairing pages from the parts book for me, that way you can look everything over real well. I'd suggest getting the pages for the 09 & 10, I went with the 2010 mount & it was on backorder until last Wed. I got a used inner & outer & turn signals here on the for sale section & picked up a headlight assembly & a few other things on ebay. The fairings are all the same, if you get the parts book pages you can tell what years will backfit. For example the fairing brackets are 58530-98-04-10, in other words the first # doesn't change, but they updated to a new one in 04 & 10, the outer fairing is 58733-98B meaning they haven't done any major changes to it. It's quite a project & can get pretty expensive depending on how many parts you can find used, I'm estimating anywhere from $1000-2500. If you don't have too much tied up in add-ons on your SG that can't be taken off & moved to a RG you might do as well to try & see what you can trade for, not sure what kind of a hit you'd take when going to sell or trade a late model bike that's been changed over, your VIN is always going to bring up the bike as a SG. Good luck whatever you decide to do & if I can help let me know.
How much did you have to pay for the inner and outer fairing??????????

Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 PM
marcparnes
Road Captain

I've already done the switch. If you like I can send you the entire parts list with pricing. Just PM me with your email address.

Marc

Old 03-25-2010, 09:11 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member

I got a good deal, I got the fairings for $280, but they had to be repaired & repainted, there's usually some on ebay, the prices are all over the place.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:19 PM
highlanderque
Advanced

I'm in the process of doing the same conversion. I received my list from Marc. In addition to the fairing brackets for the 2010, I also ordered the new parts for the headlight. Marc will also have those part numbers.

For what it's worth, I'm planning on keeping my SG fairings and having them painted the same color as the RG fairing in case I decide to either switch it back or sell it.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:22 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member

I started collecting parts about 3 months ago & was patient & lucky to find as much as I did used. I'm still going to have at least a $1000 when I'm done, if not more with a windshield added to it. I think Marc did his with all new parts & it was considerably more than that, I'd get a hold of him & find out more before you jump in.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:28 PM
pennstater
Road Captain

What do you guys have invested if you don't mind me asking

Quick Reply: Road Glide fairing on Street Glide