Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush Muffler Rattle

Old 03-29-2010, 05:21 PM
sammer77
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush Muffler Rattle

Bought a set of Rush slipons for my 08 Ultra just before Christmas. At idle, the right hand has a rattle. It rattles sometimes on the kickstand but more at a light when holding the bike up. Got home today and started it on the kickstand and laid down to find our where the rattle was coming from. I am suspecting that the baffle inside is rattling. Driving me crazy. Anybody out there have any similar problems. If so, what does it take to fix it?

Mike

Old 03-29-2010, 05:30 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had rush slip-ons on my 08UC and had the same rattle. I pulled the right side out to find that most of the packing was gone. I went to Ace and bought some fiberglass cloth and wrapped the baffles in both and rattle was gone. My next step would have been to bend the end of the baffle just enough to contact the wall of the pipe yet still be easy to remove.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:33 PM
sammer77
Stage IV

Hey, thanks for the info.

I'll try that.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please call our tech guys. They can walk you through how to fix this, send new baffle matting at no charge if it has blown out, or process a warranty if need be. I'll work on a post for everyone about what to do if you think the muffler is rattling. At a glance this seems to be your issue, but please call in and speak with a tech to make sure.
Thanks,
Ryan

Old 03-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Drifting Texas
Tourer
Default Question for Rush

Since Rush was nice enough to reply to this thread I have a question for them. When I bought my Rush mufflers I added the 3002 / 3502 Straight End w/Double Groove tips. Now granted this has been almost 4 years with them on my Ultra Classic but over the years I am seeing the chrome flaking at the point where the tip mounts to the muffler. Is there any guarantee on the chrome on these?

Old 03-30-2010, 10:35 AM
remike
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
Please call our tech guys. They can walk you through how to fix this, send new baffle matting at no charge if it has blown out, or process a warranty if need be. I'll work on a post for everyone about what to do if you think the muffler is rattling. At a glance this seems to be your issue, but please call in and speak with a tech to make sure.
Thanks,
Ryan
I knew I made the right choice when I bought my Rush slip ons. Can't beat a company that offers this kind of follow up...

Old 03-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting Texas
Since Rush was nice enough to reply to this thread I have a question for them. When I bought my Rush mufflers I added the 3002 / 3502 Straight End w/Double Groove tips. Now granted this has been almost 4 years with them on my Ultra Classic but over the years I am seeing the chrome flaking at the point where the tip mounts to the muffler. Is there any guarantee on the chrome on these?
We offer a one year guarantee, this includes chrome flaking/peeling/bubbling on the tips.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Drifting Texas
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
We offer a one year guarantee, this includes chrome flaking/peeling/bubbling on the tips.
Thanks for the reply and I kind of figured that but it doesn't hurt to ask. I do like my Rush mufflers and I am completely with them just a little disappointed with the chrome on the tips.