Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley battery removal....

Old 03-29-2010, 07:36 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Harley battery removal....

i found out something while trying to get the battery out of my 08 streetglide. they sure didn't allow enough room for the fingers to get in there to grab the top of the battery for removal. after the flimsy nylon strap broke while trying to remove it, i went across the hiway to a boat shop where my buddy had a battery lifting tool. it clamps onto the sides of the battery towards the top and makes removal so much easier. the next time i was at auto zone they had one they used at their store. they said they could order me one, so i had them do that. $7.00 later, and i no longer worry about battery removal. it's got flat pads that have rubber pads on them, and they're slim enough to fit into the battery compartment, and it sure makes getting a battery out of a touring frame much easier than before. as you lift up on the handle of the tool, it squeezes the battery to where you can slide the battery out from its confines. it's designed for automotive batteries, but fits smaller ones just great too. i hope this is information that someone else can use. it worked swell for me.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Sounds like a useful tool. Do you have a part # or manufacturer?

Old 03-31-2010, 04:15 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

i'll get that part number for you tomorrow when i get back out in my shop. it is a very useful tool, and it sure does help when removing the battery. even in my cars, i end up using it. it's got an "L" shaped handle and an adjustable cross piece that rubber pads on slim steel paddles that grab the sides of the battery. no more cussing about arthritis or trying to grab that 1/2" of battery that's sticking up.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:05 PM
wkottas
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a great idea and tool! Thanks for the heads-up!!

Old 03-31-2010, 12:13 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this it?

Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the information. I'll be ordering today.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:10 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

no boomer bob that's not it. i'll go out in the shop now and get whatever is stamped on it.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:24 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

okay guys, it's got stamped on the frame, OEM #25316 and i did get it at autozone. it works great. has a red vinyl handle, and this tool is great. sure does eliminate a lot of frustration while trying to remove a battery.

Last edited by emwolb; 04-01-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: i typed in the wrong part number.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a handy tool to have in the shop, but the first time I pull a battery out of a new bike I wrap a strip of rubber from an old inner tube around it. Then I can pick it up by the strap wherever I have to remove the battery.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:36 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

if you google OEM 25316 you can see the tool itself. it goes for over twenty bucks most places, but auto zone had it for me the next day for seven or eight. i think it is a great tool for the money. i wanted to get a photo in here, but i'm technologically challenged when it comes to that stuff. google it and you'll see exactly what i was trying to describe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harley battery removal....