Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Owners of Dead Center Cycle's Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 12:58 PM
nuklhd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Owners of Dead Center Cycle's Fairing

I am really wanting to buy a fairing for the 99 Road King Classic instead of buying a new motorcycle. I am wanting to see one in person prior to pulling the trigger on nearly 2k and wanted to know if anybody in the Kansas City area has one I can look at please?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Old 03-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Just curious why you are focused on Dead Center? Not that they don't have nice fairings, but they are just about the most expensive of the detach fairings....

Everyone who has a Dead Center is very complimentary of their fairings, but the same can be said for Dragonfly and Woody's for quite a bit less.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:58 AM
nuklhd
Advanced

I like the lockable part of Dead Center as well as round speakers and quick disconnect, maybe I am looking to narrow minded at just Dead Center? One thing I will have to give up is my nacelle mounted tachometer that I am not all that happy about doing with any of them.

I am more than happy to look at others if anybody has them in the KC area and is willing to show me...

Thanks

Old 03-31-2010, 10:38 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not in KC area, but I love my DC Fairing. I've got the Sirius Satellite Radio, CD, AM-FM, and every HD MoCo accessory will fit it, unlike many of the other aftermarket detachables. I'm also partial to the lock, although a quick turn of the ratchet can have all four bolts off, and there goes your fairing. I guess its protection against the honest, if a real thief wants it, it'll be gone. Good luck.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:41 AM
SandNuriz
Cruiser

Dead center is the only way to go if you get a chance look at them next too each other you will pick Dead center

Old 03-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

The deal with the locks has always escaped me. My fairing is bolted down, and I've never heard of anyone having their fairing stolen. Having said that, Dragonfly is including locks with their fairings now, and for several hundred dollars less than Dead Center. If you look at the inside of a Dragonfly vs the other guys, you might pick Dragonfly. Super rigid frame extends all the way through the fairing and bolts at several places instead of just bolting on at the bottom of the fairing.

Dragonfly:

DeadCenter:

Like I said before, Lots of guys love their Dead Center fairings, and are very complimentary, but there are choices, and it's worth your time to look before you leap. Dragonfly also accepts standard Moco accessories.

Last edited by Mike; 03-31-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
SandNuriz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
The deal with the locks has always escaped me. My fairing is bolted down, and I've never heard of anyone having their fairing stolen. Having said that, Dragonfly is including locks with their fairings now, and for several hundred dollars less than Dead Center. If you look at the inside of a Dragonfly vs the other guys, you might pick Dragonfly. Super rigid frame extends all the way through the fairing and bolts at several places instead of just bolting on at the bottom of the fairing.

Dragonfly:

DeadCenter:

Like I said before, Lots of guys love their Dead Center fairings, and are very complimentary, but there are choices, and it's worth your time to look before you leap. Dragonfly also accepts standard Moco accessories.
Dragonfly needs all that extra support they are weaker not as strong and flex real easy and feel cheep

Old 05-17-2010, 04:45 PM
NAMVET
Tourer

I looked at all of them and bought a Dead Center.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Blue Duck
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a DeadCenter also.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Dead Center and have not had any issues one with them. The product is strong and sturdy fiber glass as well as being light weight, and yes it is lockable and removes and replaces in "Seconds".

As for pre-and post sales service, Dead Center is "Second to NONE" in my book.

Dragonfly, I've dealt with them when ordering my speaker pods. Never again will I order anything from Dragonfly. Caveat Emptor,

Quick Reply: Any Owners of Dead Center Cycle's Fairing