Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

******J&M Amp Install Just Completed on Al's 2009 Street Glide...Pics Here******

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:53 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

bcartrette,

I believe it is, but I guess J&M modified it so there isn't any gain control. It is factory set so you don't have to mess with it.

Jim Dawson,

The J&M amp comes with the added bracket for the XM and CB modules. You can use it on your Ultra with no problem.

Duke of HD,

We don't have any stock clips as our bikes both have the J&M 7.25" speakers. We are looking into making a youtube video showing the volume level on the 7.25" speakers by themselves and then with the amp. We just want to make sure it will be an accurate depiction of the sound quality. The problem with youtube is that there are so many factors when viewing the video that may or may not reflect how the speakers sound in person. If we can do it, we will!

Shawn

Old 04-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bcartrette
Isn't KS125.2 an Arc model?

Thats what it is..................Just an ARC with a JM Label on it....make a small change and done.

ARC makes em and sells them to whomever wants there name on them I reckon....Its all about $$$$....I see there is another "ARC" under another name on ebay as well. Personally I would rather have the ARC because of the gain and bass controls...........Arc even looks to be cheaper.......Stereo shop here sells them for $299.99.

Thinken I would of at least took the KS125.2 Mini off the side.......

Old 04-02-2010, 09:56 AM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622
Thats what it is..................Just an ARC with a JM Label on it....make a small change and done.

ARC makes em and sells them to whomever wants there name on them I reckon....Its all about $$$$....I see there is another "ARC" under another name on ebay as well. Personally I would rather have the ARC because of the gain and bass controls...........Arc even looks to be cheaper.......Stereo shop here sells them for $299.99.

Thinken I would of at least took the KS125.2 Mini off the side.......
It includes some nice mounting brackets and plug-and-play wiring. And it eliminates some adjustments. I think it's worth a $50 bump to make life simple.

Would be nice though to still have the gain controls, but preset...

Old 04-02-2010, 10:00 AM
TRMRC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the same FACTORY making the
ARC
ELF
Wetsounds
and the J&M .. They ALL have the same specs with a few component changes inside.
I have the ELF with 6.5" ELF speakers ... I have the gains set to almost FULL and the cross-over set to 90-100. Frikken thing ROCKS.

They all sound GREAT and pretty close in sound (I have heard the ARC & wetsounds with my own ears). At 90mph this AM in NH (it was 38 degrees)-- I had my neoprene mask on and I heard my system just fine - ( non - stock pipes too)

Im sure with the 7.25" it sounds great too. So pick what u choose based on your choice and wallet and enjoy.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks to me like ARC is building amps for J&M. They just build a model with the gains preset and slap a J&M sticker on it. Not slammin' J&M here but $449.95 is an outrageous figure for any amp - particularly for what is essentially an ARC 125.2 with fewer features.
As said previous an ARC can be had for even less than the discounted J&M Forum price here and an Elf for about half of that.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:40 AM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Cool J&M Amps or other or HOGTUNES

Hi all,
Now i know nothing about this stuff other than I learn or read about in here and one or two of the other forums, being in the UK there is not as much stuff close by on the market locally for our HDs so by and large we "come over" and buy it there.
Now i have been looking at upgrading the stock system on my SG and had just about decided to by the Hogtunes kit, speakers,amp and tweeter pod and then I read all of this.

Are the any simple comparables for us guys that dont have direct access to "sample" the kit??

Cheers
Royston

Last edited by royston; 04-02-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:45 AM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great pics thanks.

If you have the CB module and the XM module...then where you install the amp?

In my RG fairing I have 2 HID ballasts, XM module and the Hogtunes amp...and that was difficult.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:36 AM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

I just picked up an Arc Audio amp for my SG today. It says KS125.2 mini just like everyone else has mentioned but it's not plug and play like the J&M package.

But for less than $250 at the local stereo shop (retail was $349), I'll wire & mount it myself.

I bought the Dragonflyconcepts 6 1/2" adapters with Alpine speakers. They do not sound that good with just the stock head unit.
I cannot wait to get the amp installed tonight to complete the system. Should make tomorrow's 200 mile ride that much better.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:44 AM
HemiGlide69
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New ARC Audio mini amp - $199

This is not me listing this. Just came across it and thought it was a good deal. I already ordered the Elf or I would jump on this...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/1662779334.html

Last edited by HemiGlide69; 04-02-2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-02-2010, 01:17 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I've got a question...

Last summer at Street Vibrations I was all ready to buy a set of J&M speakers for my Street Glide. I went up to the booth and plugged my iPod into the stock HK deck they were demoing on an Ultra.

I ended up walking away empty-handed. The CD player sounded awesome. The radio sounded good. But when the source was switched to my iPod, the whole thing fell flat. It sounded no better than stock. It did not matter whether it was purchased music, music ripped from my own CD's, or "donated" music files from friends. I blame it on the processing in the deck.

Does this amp make up for this deficiency at all?

Quick Reply: ******J&M Amp Install Just Completed on Al's 2009 Street Glide...Pics Here******