Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

******J&M Amp Install Just Completed on Al's 2009 Street Glide...Pics Here******

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:36 PM
RIDEINIT
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Just finished my AMP install about 45 mins ago NOW my system is complete as far as sound goes a little more than plug and play but really was no big deal real simple and this set up kicks A$& as far as my ears are concerned great system match J&M,Thanks to the guys at Dr V-Twin the system ROCKS.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:16 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 572 Likes on 216 Posts

Did my install tonight as well, I posted my 'install thoughts' on the J&M review sticky thread.

Overall the system rocks but I have not had a chance to play with it much yet. I will tomorrow for sure. First impression was though.... during my test drive, I had the volume up a bit and noticied everyone at the bus stop up ahead turning around to look up the street and I was still 40-50 yards away. Keep in mind they are hearing the sound coming from the front of the bike, not from the direction the speakers are firing. and yes, my ears still hurt, and yes, it's a good thing.

Now I just need an MP3 of a police siren and I'll be set. Muahahhahahahahaa

Old 04-07-2010, 09:09 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Hey guys, thanks for your business and we are glad that most of you are happy with your J&M amp and speakers. We should be getting more amps in today tomorrow and Friday.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:36 PM
ultralongridesoreass
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default J & m

no disrespect intended here, but when you spend an additional $700 on your bike radio it better sound real good. Nice product you got but mighty pricey too.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:13 PM
digz`
Tourer

List price is that much but you can get the set for alot cheaper from a sponsor here, but as we all know in Harley stuff and parts you pay about 10x to much for anything ........ just the way it is

Old 04-08-2010, 09:46 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ultralongridesoreass
no disrespect intended here, but when you spend an additional $700 on your bike radio it better sound real good. Nice product you got but mighty pricey too.
$559.95 shipped from the good old Doc on the combo J&M 7.25" speakers and the J&M amp kit! Retail is about $730.00.

J&M speakers by themselves are: $219.95 shipped and the amp by itself is: $349.95 shipped and all available from your one stop shop...US!!!!

We should have more amps in stock by tomorrow that are NOT already pre-sold.

Thanks!

Shawn

Old 04-08-2010, 10:12 AM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
Forum members ,,,,,

I have never made it a secret as to how the new J&M Amplifier was configured/designed,,,, nor where it is made ,,,,,

as I have been saying for months, the ARC AUDIO mini 125 is the best audio amplifier we have found, in a size range that will fit into the Harley fairing ,,,,,

thus the new J&M labeled amp is VERY similar to the ARC amp, but also includes the J&M plug-n-play wiring harnesses and custom designed mounting bracketry etc ,,,,, if all of the extras do not make the J&M version of this amp worth the $$$ to you, then buy the ARC amp anywhere and fabricate the mounting/wiring on your own, simple as that ,,,,

I happen to believe that the J&M amp kit provides good VALUE with all that is included ,,,

also ,,,,, the J&M amp has all the same gain/bass boost/crossover controls/adjustments under the label, for those who might not agree with the J&M factory settings ,,,,,

just remember, driving the input gain levels into distortion by turning them up too far, will not improve the sound at all ,,,, only make it sound "ratty",,,, I personally put a bit of time into setting the amp controls for MAXIMUM volume, while still retaining good clean sound ,,,,,

Happy Easter to all ,,,,
That just sealed the deal for me! I was concerned that there were no adjustments since I am planing on running some different speakers than the J&M speakers. But now there are simply NO drawbacks to ordering this kit.

Cool!!

Old 04-08-2010, 11:00 AM
TRMRC
Cruiser

I (and I am sure a few others) would love to know the settings John used on the AMP..Just curious if he found a real nice combo- I also know that depending on what speakers you are running, you can add more gain, etc. just curious that's all.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 572 Likes on 216 Posts

The following clips were recorded as an MP3 and downloaded directly from the recording device with no modification. Microphone was 10' directly behind the bike on a slight downhill, hence the mic was probably ground level with the bike. The stereo on the bike was set as the following:
Volume : 8 Bars
Bass : +2 Bars over Neutral
treble : +1 Bar over Neutral
ACV : Off
and since I know it will be asked... exhaust is in my signature.

MP3 : J&M 7.25 Speakers (No Amp) 600K file size

MP3 : J&M 7.25 Speakers w/ J&M Amp 360K file size

Impression after a few days riding with it:

I need better recordings, the amp really shows the quality of low quality MP3's.

Though overall volume is not louder, the sound is crisper. The bass actually hits and you can turn the volume up to higher levels without distortion.

So far, I'm happy with my current audio setup. Now I just need to get rid of that damn H-D Wind Splitter windshield. Anyone want to trade my 6.5" Klock Werks for your 8.5" Klock Werks?

Last edited by Dr. Tiki; 04-08-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:44 PM
jkru
6th Gear
Angry J&M amp not working, DR VTWIN not real responsive

Ordered 2 J&M Amps and speakers from DR VTWIN for myself and a bro, got both sets of speakers installed very easy and they sound great. The Amps arrived and we tried to install in his bike first 2009 streetglide, and ran into problems. first of all the bracket with those little screws is a b*&%h to install if not impossible. Secondly after getting all the wiring done which is mostly plug and play except the color on the wires dont match, we got no sound out of the radio at all. Power light was on but no sound. We rechecked everything and still no sound. Called shawn at dr vtwin and he said to try the second amp and if that works to send the first amp back to J&M. Not really sure bout the customer service there as I bought them from dr vtwin and fill that they should take care of this. Anyway working on second amp and I will update.
Hoping to eventually install on my 2010 street glide.

Quick Reply: ******J&M Amp Install Just Completed on Al's 2009 Street Glide...Pics Here******