Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Alarm Siren

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Hurricanebm
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Alarm Siren

Hey guys, I have an 06 street glide and was wondering if its possible to add an alarm siren to current system. I can disable it from starting with the fob and when its disturbed the turning signals flash etc. Has anyone tried this?

Old 04-10-2010, 10:12 PM
albngore
Road Master
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

I have an '06 Ultra and just added the siren. It is absolutely easy to do. Just remove the right cover, unbolt the ECM, find the existing siren plug-in, snap the siren into the alloted space and you are done. As I recall there were no surprises except that rather than just sliding in the siren you must use a bit of pressure and snap it in. Follow the easy directions and you will have a siren.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:27 PM
mdaycb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the $6 radio shack siren, works just as good, and it is a lot cheaper than Harleys $85 version. There is thread on here, I think it is in the "how to" section", very good directions and it gives you the part number.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:05 PM
BugBYter
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Radio Shack Piezo Siren Part # 273-079 $5.79
They keep them in the cabinet with the pull out drawers.

The wires in the connector on the bike are Brown/Green/Black.

The red wire from the siren goes to brown and the black wire from siren goes to green.

A small piece of industrial velcro holds it in place.

Make sure to remove the ECM MOUNTING plate with the ECM still attached. (3) 1/2" nuts if I remember right. The connector you need is attached to the back of the plate.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BugBYter
Radio Shack Piezo Siren Part # 273-079 $5.79
They keep them in the cabinet with the pull out drawers.

The wires in the connector on the bike are Brown/Green/Black.

The red wire from the siren goes to brown and the black wire from siren goes to green.

A small piece of industrial velcro holds it in place.

Make sure to remove the ECM MOUNTING plate with the ECM still attached. (3) 1/2" nuts if I remember right. The connector you need is attached to the back of the plate.
THis may be a dumb question but why do you say to make sure that the EMC stays attached to the back of the plate?

Old 04-11-2010, 12:46 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i bought three of the radio shack sirens to tie into my security system on my 08 streetglide. they still sit in a sack in my shop, as i opted for the harley version which is a plug and play without any sort of splicing. it works great, although the instructions to get it to chirp when you leave the bike was pretty confusing. a 5 minute job to install made it worth the investment. when i ride across country on a roadtrip, it's nice to know that it gives me additional peace of mind while i'm in the motel sleeping, rather than getting up every hour or so peeking out of the window to make sure my bike is still there. next thing i'm going to do is get a lock for the front rotor.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:45 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the RS siren can be disabled by simply pulling the master fuze. The HD siren has a built in, back-up battery that allows the siren to still operate even if the master fuze is disabled, or the main battery is disconnected.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Hurricanebm
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome guys, I'm glad its not going to be a big ordeal .. Thanks!

Old 04-11-2010, 01:02 PM
BugBYter
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Springerfan
THis may be a dumb question but why do you say to make sure that the EMC stays attached to the back of the plate?

Just easier. That way you only have one piece loose from the bike hanging by wires instead of two. Plus you may find that the bolts holding the ECM onto the plate are corroded and will not come out. They screw into threaded inserts which are in plastic. Just like the windshield mounting screws.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:41 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

here is the link to mastery's write up

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ent-bikes.html

Quick Reply: Adding Alarm Siren