Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE-204 Cam and dyno

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 02:27 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by todd-67
I agree the 204 gets little love around here. I think mine is great. Still has some down low and pulls hard if you want to rev it out.

Those are some good numbers. Mine is sitting at 100ft/lbs. I think that you could get more out of it if it were tuned by someone that really knew their stuff. I had mine done by the local shop and I am not too convinced with them.
Todd, you have a PM sir.

All in all I'm VERY pleased with the way the bike runs. It was an adventure to Texas that I'll never forget, that's for sure! Never a dull moment!!!!

Old 04-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Just looking at that sheet, the bike looks like it would be all grins to ride. How does it feel?

Old 04-12-2010, 05:23 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

Very nice ! Looking forward to my 103"/SE204 cam build this upcoming winter. Like you said, I think the tricky part will be getting a close base map calibrated (SEPST) for break in. Then it will be a 100 mile ride to see Jamie at FuelMoto. Nice to see/hear the positive results and good people.. Troop

Old 04-12-2010, 05:33 PM
ryanl
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, getting over 1.1ftlbs of torque per cubic inch by pipes and cams is quite a feat.... Plenty of guys with big bore, heads and cams that barely make that if at all....

Old 04-12-2010, 05:52 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by fripple
Todd, you have a PM sir.

All in all I'm VERY pleased with the way the bike runs. It was an adventure to Texas that I'll never forget, that's for sure! Never a dull moment!!!!
Thanks for the PM. I will check that out. I am very happy with the performance/ridablity and millage I am getting... always could have more on the performance side though

Old 04-12-2010, 07:41 PM
geargrinder
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

From the dyno sheets I could not make out what brand of dyno was used. Of all of the brands, Dynojet usually is the most generous with their numbers. It comes down to this, the before and after tests on a given dyno is what is most important. Comparing numbers from shop to shop, dyno to dyno is for internet bragging rights, not for comparing bike to bike.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:30 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure what brand the dyno was. Give Ed a call, I'm sure he'd tell ya!! No bragging rights here. For me it's all about ride-ability. Since I've had the tune done, the bike feels like a brand new bike. The power seems better and the mileage has greatly improved. I'm just surprised on how good the SE-204 has done. For a mild bolt in cam, I think it actually does a darn good job!!!!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:03 AM
eddfive
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a DynaStar dyno, I decided not to use the industry standard. The RPM pickup on this dyno and some others is much more accurate than the industry standard. Since RPM is part of the HP/TQ equation this lends to more accurate results. This dyno comes with all the features in one price, no adding options which over inflate the price. All the WOT runs are in SAE and 4th gear, will not use 5th or 6th as most tires are only rated to 120mph. 5th gear numbers would be slightly higher. The key as already mentioned is the baseline pull and final pull on the same dyno. I only use the numbers for tuning and to make sure that the changes being made are having a positive influence on the motor. I am not a dyno sheet kind of a guy it is only a tool that I use during the process. Since customers are paying me money for a service they should see the results as well as get there tune file. It is all about the rideability on the road. If anyone has more specific questions do not hesitate to give me a call or an e-mail.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:20 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up Looking good!

I can say this, I was impressed with the sound of the 204's for sure! They came as close to a carburated lope as I've heard from any FI bike.

Ed is the man! You'd be hardpressed to find a tuner more dedicated to the customer as Ed, I can assure you.

Nice meeting you Danny. I'm sure you're pleased with the new found power and ridability!

BTW, that freakin FatCat pipe of yours is DEAFENING!!!! LOL!!!!! My ears are still ringing!!

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 04-13-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks great, if I ever do anything I will have to give Ed and Phil a call.

Quick Reply: SE-204 Cam and dyno