Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE-204 Cam and dyno

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:30 AM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Looks great, if I ever do anything I will have to give Ed and Phil a call.

You can't go wrong with that combo!!!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:36 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for all the info. main thing is you gained alot and you are happy as I would be also. congrats and enjoy the new bike

Old 04-13-2010, 08:38 AM
fripple
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
I can say this, I was impressed with the sound of the 204's for sure! They came as close to a carburated lope as I've heard from any FI bike.

Ed is the man! You'd be hardpressed to find a tuner more dedicated to the customer as Ed, I can assure you.

Nice meeting you Danny. I'm sure you're pleased with the new found power and ridability!

BTW, that freakin FatCat pipe of yours is DEAFENING!!!! LOL!!!!! My ears are still ringing!!

You got that right sir!! Ed does take pride in his work and that's one thing that I like. Ed is also very confident. I called a few other local tuners here in AR/MO before making my decision and I could just tell by speaking with Ed that he knew what he was talking about. The other guys didn't sound too confident and they just seemed not too interested in what I had.

I just can't say this enough...the rideability is AWESOME. Smooth power and great mileage!!! That FatCat is super LOUD!!!! All in all, I'm very happy with my combo. The fine tuning was the final piece to a great running bike.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Apex Rider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great numbers !

What is a ball park number for Ed's services ?

Old 04-13-2010, 09:04 AM
thrapy
Cruiser

I had SE 204 cams put in my 2000 FLHT (carb) before 09 sturgis trip road 6500 miles on that trip and the bike ran flawless. My mech. recommended the 204 for the 2up or lot of gear touring that I do. 204,wild pig slip ons, big sucker ac only add ons to motor. Ride Safe

Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 AM
fripple
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Apex Rider
Great numbers !

What is a ball park number for Ed's services ?
Give him a call. It might vary depending if you have tuning device already or not/what brand, etc....

214-675-0051

www.thedynodifference.com

Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 AM
ffd796
Cruiser

Cams are here, now just waiting on the D&D Fatcat (in the morning) this should be a fun weekend!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:06 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Danny!

It was great meeting you guys too. Wish I could'a hung around all afternoon, but we had a prior commitment. I was really glad to head it was just a loose connection & that it failed where it did, rather than about 90 seconds later ~ when you actually would have been up there on the highway!

Congrats on the tune. I had a pretty strong feeling you'd be very pleasantly surprised.

Something we talked about would be great for the masses to hear from "you".. not me. I start sounding like a broken record. Perhaps you can follow up a little....

Situation: Danny had a bike that "rode" like ****, but had it "tuned" at a local facility and was provided a "dyno sheet" that actually "looked" pretty damn good.

I immediately clued in on the fact that he was a CLASSIC example of what I "preach" regarding dynos & tunes.... "Dyno numbers don't mean dick, it's the RIDEABILITY that matters". Additionally, until someone actually EXPERIENCES what it's like to ride a PROPERLY TUNED bike, they have no idea what is possible and frankly, have no business saying: you don't need a SERT/SEST/TTS/DirectLink & a tune, XYZ autotune is just as good.

Care to expand on that Danny?

CONGRATS on the result & rideability!

Darren.... sorry we missed ya, Dude! I understand Momma accompanied you this time. Next time, let me know in advance so we can plan to make some time.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

That's no joke Phil!!! I would have been toast if it would have died on the highway. Let me say this...I dumped probably over $400 bucks at a local place on a "tune". Now don't get my wrong, I love the guy to death and he's a damn good mechanic. But, they just couldn't get my configuration tuned right. I knew then that it was time to turn to someone else for a tune.

So after some research and after speaking with a few people I had decided to go Ed down in Dallas(www.thedynodifference.com). Ed was closest to me and I've heard a TON of great things about his tuning abilities with the SEST. And you know what?!?!??? Those people were RIGHT!! The ride-ability of my of bike is like night and day. Throttle lag is gone, awesome throttle response, increased mileage, etc.

When I first bought the bike I ran the PC-V with a canned map. It ran "OK", but nothing compared to how it runs now. Then during the cam swap, I switched over to the SEST. I had that tuned at the local place and it rode really well. Here recently I bought the D&D Fatcat, that's when I started having issues. I believe it was due to the D&D being less restrictive than my previous setup (Stock headpipes w/cat & bassani slip-ons).

I just don't buy that mess that some auto tune module is just as good as a complete full dyno tune. I believe you need a good tune in the hands of a competent tuner. You'll see better results in the end.........I did!!!!!

www.thedynodifference.com

Last edited by fripple; 04-13-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:14 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have just been hearing that if you Vtune with the TTS and Smart tune with the SEST multiple times its as good as a dyno, one dyno tuner told me that the only areas he is having to make adjustments with the bikes using Vtune is in the high rpm. This happens to be the area that most of us stay away from cause we love our motors so much. I am planning to purchase one of the two and will find out for myself. I am also looking for a good cam, dont want a ton of overlap or a really rough idle but if your getting 43mpg at those numbers thats pretty damn good. I would like to see how it idles with that cam tho.

Quick Reply: SE-204 Cam and dyno