Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering An Electra Glide Classic

Old 07-14-2011, 02:30 PM
VTGlideRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2010 EG Classic and a 29" inseam and have no problems, even when I had the stock seat. Have always been able to put my feet down flat no matter what footwear I was wearing. My Mustang seat has a more tapered front and makes it even better, but even if I had stayed with the stock seat I wouldn't have lowered the bike.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:36 PM
brino
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bc3
Thinking about buying an Electra Glide Classic. Problem is I have short legs. Can the bike be lowered 1 1/2 inches, or just an inch? Also probably need a Reach seat. I have a 28 inch inseam and I am on my toes with the standard heigh and seat.
What year is your bike? I have an extra set of lowering blocks I would let go cheap.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is a REALLY common question... I have a 30" inseam. I have the HD Profile lowering shocks in the back and the Reach seat. I stand flat footed. You might need the Super Reach, but you can easily get it low enough to ride.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:10 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I have the same inseam - been on my classic since Feb 04 - tried the rear and front lower then just the rear... I will promise you IF you have a passanger - their ride comfort will suffer - if your solo - no problem.

I went back to stock - wear Redwing boots and have a Custom Corbin - NO problems either solo or with the wife - bike has over 60K on it - three coast to coast in the past three years and just did my first Iron butt - all with NO prolems in reaching the ground or feeling solid on the bike. PM for any questions - use short riders need to stick together...lol

Old 07-17-2011, 08:41 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1U01ylS38I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAgs5...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mho3rh2wEA&NR=1
http://store.fatbaggers.com/drsekitop.html

Now if you have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ this the way to go...

I had read about these but had never seen one... On our last Coast to Coast - we stopped into a HD dealer for a break and they had one installed on a new Touring bike in the show room.... I sat on one... WOW>>>>>>>>>>> is all I can say... I loved it. and If I ever get a new bike, I just might go this route... $$$$$$$$$$$$ but a very solid feel and I could see over the dash with NO problem - that was my first thought, but NOT a problem

Yes,, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but a great idea..

I just found the above videos and they are a great...

Last edited by harley0711; 07-17-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:24 PM
paulvanasse@sbcglobal.net
Stage II

[QUOTE=harley0711;8583924]I have the same inseam - been on my classic since Feb 04 - tried the rear and front lower then just the rear... I will promise you IF you have a passanger - their ride comfort will suffer - if your solo - no problem.

I went back to stock - wear Redwing boots and have a Custom Corbin - NO problems either solo or with the wife - bike has over 60K on it - three coast to coast in the past three years and just did my first Iron butt - all with NO prolems in reaching the ground or feeling solid on the bike. PM for any questions - use short riders

what corbin seat. Ive got an 09 egc. Stock seat.

Paul

Old 10-24-2017, 06:53 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

[QUOTE=paulvanasse@sbcglobal.net;16765373]
Originally Posted by harley0711
I have the same inseam - been on my classic since Feb 04 - tried the rear and front lower then just the rear... I will promise you IF you have a passanger - their ride comfort will suffer - if your solo - no problem.

I went back to stock - wear Redwing boots and have a Custom Corbin - NO problems either solo or with the wife - bike has over 60K on it - three coast to coast in the past three years and just did my first Iron butt - all with NO prolems in reaching the ground or feeling solid on the bike. PM for any questions - use short riders

what corbin seat. Ive got an 09 egc. Stock seat.

Paul
Paul - your responding to a 6 year old post

all my seats are custom made at the Calif corbin factory

Old 10-24-2017, 07:57 PM
Mr. Mike
Road Captain
Received 326 Likes on 147 Posts

Paul - your responding to a 6 year old post

all my seats are custom made at the Calif corbin factory[/QUOTE]

"6 year old post.." (oops). After a lousy day at work, that made me laugh!

Old 10-25-2017, 06:52 AM
paulvanasse@sbcglobal.net
Stage II

Who cares how old it is. Its aegitimate question.
Dick.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:35 PM
Mr. Mike
Road Captain
Received 326 Likes on 147 Posts

Thought your name was Paul! My response...don't take it personal here ok. I know your post was aegitimate so relax.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowering An Electra Glide Classic