Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ultra Classic intercom

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Wayfarer
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Ultra Classic intercom

I just bought the new Ultra Classic. Had a bike most of my adult life, but have never ridden a bike with a windshield. Now I have this intercom thing. Does anyone have an opinion on how much they use it, or if it's worth it at all...

Old 04-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The intercom is a class piece of equipment, I have autocom on my TDM for instructor work but for internal quality the HD internal is much better. I use the radio mostly and only opt for ipod music when wifey is on the back.

I normally use PTT rather than VOX as riding behind other Harley's tend to set it off into interference land..

Old 04-23-2010, 03:50 PM
oldazgrouch
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and I use it all the time. I even bought the half helmet/no helmet headsets from IMCMOTO. It was really helpful last summer when we rode from Phoenix to New York and back. Although we couldn't use the headsets in N.Y. because there is a law against having anything (including earplugs) in your ears. It's alot better than having to turn and yell over your shoulder when you see something of interest.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:01 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 633 Likes on 505 Posts

we use em on rode tripps and the cb too got j&m headsets for the lids and can now can enjoy music too.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Dan1127
Road Master

Use mine all the time.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:22 PM
69z28
Road Warrior

My wife and I use it a lot on the road,not so much in town.It's simple to use once you get used to it and it really works.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:36 PM
GAZippoman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We use them whenever we're riding. We both wear FF's with boom mikes, and when you get the VOX adjusted correctly it great. And a good playlist on an MP3 helps eat the miles up. If you get a GPS that has an audio out, you can hear directions that break in over your music. Thinking about springing for J&M's for better sound.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:20 PM
KW-HD Rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess this is a down question, but if I don't ask........

Wife and I are new Ultra classic owners and are still struggling to find the perfect position for the VOX setting for the intercom. We love the intercom and use it when we are both on the bike which is quite often.

Is there a secret to the settings? I can get a good setting then I turn up the volume on the radio or the volume increases with speed past a certain point and the vox starts cutting in and out which then cuts the radio down which becomes very irritating. Have tried to turn the VOX down to where we can barley get it to activate and that helps but then the vox is not very useful. We have used the PTT switch but the vox is more convenient and would love to rely on it.

Any tips or tricks?

Old 05-09-2010, 07:43 PM
djaudette
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am having the same problem with my VOX. Any help with it cutting in out would be great.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Iron Patriot
Advanced

I use the IMC set with my half lid. The sound is great even with a soft spoken wife on back. The helmet pushes down on the portion that hangs off my ears and hurts after awhile. I'll probably try to find a more suitable hat.

Quick Reply: 2010 Ultra Classic intercom