Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammock seat reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 05:06 AM
Cheese Head
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All,

Please keep the reviews coming. I don't mean to hijack this thread. I'm interested in this seat as well. The only thing that has scared me away so far was that I was afraid the stiching in the "hammock" might tear or the the material making up the "hammock" might stretch over time. Sounds like that has not been an issue for anyone yet. I would be curious to hear from someone with 15,000 miles or more on this seat (if there are any out there yet) to see if they have noticed the "hammock" starting to sag.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:11 AM
bfrank
Tourer

Originally Posted by roqnron
I had some trouble getting the seat tab into the frame opening, really have to hit it hard to force it in?
My Sundowner was the exact same way. Once I had a few miles on it now it just pops on and off.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:06 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

only 1000 miles on mine. i have the leather cvo style with heat and the matching lumbar for my pillion. after riding for an hour or so i notice that i am not moving around or get butt burn like i used to with other seats. it is very comfortable so far. i am kinda looking forward to the custom seat sag if it happens in the future, like a broken in pair of boots. seat does take a little maneuvering, but it also doesnt come off all that often. one thing interesting that i notice is that my wife slides toward me a little easier that other seats. not really a bad thing, she just has to adjust more often. we are both very comfortable with the seat.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:43 PM
RoadhouseRG
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by oscarg
Any reviews from those of you who have a few hours on H/D Hammock seats
I've had mine on my 09 FLTRSE3 for over 1500 miles now, the most comfortable seat I have had, had a Sundowner on my last bike and I thought it was pretty darn fine. It doesn't have as much lower back support as the Sundowner so I added a rider backrest.....but other than that and the fact it raised me up a inch or so higher, I love it. JMO
I also noticed my wife slides toward me a little more often that she did on the sundowner, I think it is just made that way, sloping somewhat forward, why I dont know.

Last edited by RoadhouseRG; 06-02-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:23 AM
harley_badboy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Does Harley make a heated version of this seat?

Old 06-03-2010, 10:35 AM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I currently run a tall-boy on a 2010 Ultra. I'm curious if I'll lose my leg room with the hammock seat? Any one know?

Old 06-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Cowracer
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have it, Hate it. Got about 3K miles on mine. Just did an overniter to Little Rock (about 850 miles total) and my *** hurt bad. I guess I just aint shaped right for it.

I had a tallboy on my 06 that I loved and I truly wish harley would have made the exact same seats for the 09. I havent tried the newer tallboy, but if anyone wants to trade straight up (my hammock for a tallboy) I'd be willing.

tim

Old 06-03-2010, 12:33 PM
stevent
Road Master

I've had one on mine since they first came out with them, probably close to 15k on it. So far it works really well, doesn't sag or anything. I weigh quite a bit and it's held up so far, I'd like to get it covered in leather for looks though.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by harley_badboy
Does Harley make a heated version of this seat?
yes, and leather. it is the one on the cvo.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:50 PM
harley_badboy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tincup64
yes, and leather. it is the one on the cvo.
Great! I can't seem to find the part number - would you happen to know it?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Hammock seat reviews