Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner/Programmer choices

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 07:35 AM
oaoj@tds.net
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
Depends on your bike. I put one on my 07 RK this year. The PCV is quite a bit smaller than the PC III, but you've also got the two autotune modules to deal with. If you can get your old O2 sensors without too much trouble, it's probably an hour or two install for most bikes. Most of that time will be spent wiring up the autotune modules and then getting the modules/wiring all properly tucked away. You need to run the cable for the front O2 sensor under your tank, so you'll be messing around with that a bit.

On my bike, the rear O2 sensor gave me fits getting it out. I ultimately needed to take the entire exhaust system off my bike so I could take the header pipe to a muffler shop to get the sensor bung fixed. So I wound up spending about 4 hours over 2 days getting mine all set up and working properly.

The good news is the bike runs great. The autotune suggests trim settings to the initial map, and as you accept them, the changes gradually become less and less.

I think the best running bike is always going to be one that has been professionally dyno tuned by a competant technician, but I think this is probably second best.

Tough to diagnose without a little more info. Are you decelerating hard? Have you double checked your throttle calibration? Try taking the PC out of the loop for a short while and see if it still does it.

No just normal deceleration, normal down shifting and as the bike come to a stop it stalls out. It start right up and has normal acceleration.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:54 AM
brt422
Stage I

Ive got an 05 RK with a 95 ci htcc 10.5 pistons and htcc cnc ported heads s&s 570g cams rinehart true duals v&h fuel pak. It idles high about 2000rpm or the idle will surge between 1200 & 1800rpm. I tried about 7 different fuelpak codes checked the throttle cables replaced the tps sensor and still no luck. Any ideas out there ?

Old 04-25-2010, 08:39 AM
fripple
Road Warrior

Where are you located at? Here's what you do. Find a competent tuner that is by you. See what they prefer to tune with. Buy it and have it tuned by them.....

All of them are bad choices if you can't find anyone that can tune it right, trust me I know from experience.