Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean City Cycles Heated seat-Can anyone tell me what this is?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 03:37 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mean City Cycles Heated seat-Can anyone tell me what this is?

I got the heated seat done on my ultra and have it directly connected to the battery. I want to directly connect the seat to the fuse box. This part directly connects to the harness that is attached to the seat. Is the end on this part to be directly plugged into the fuse box? There is also a female connector that piggy backs on the male. How would this be used in hard wiring into the fuse box? Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Mean City Cycles Heated seat-Can anyone tell me what this is?-heated-seat-fuse-connector-001.jpg  
Old 04-25-2010, 08:04 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain

Bump this up for another look see.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:16 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

That thing is called an "add a fuse" or something like that. You pull the original fuse and stick that in with the original and the fuse for the new device.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:27 PM
thehueg
Cruiser

Included in you MCC heated seat wiring is a small black block (adapter) that has a 5 to 6 inch red wire and fuse prongs.

This little adapter will be plugged into an ignition switched fuse position on the bikes fuse block. Be sure to use an ignition switched fuse position so the seat heater cuts off when you turn your bike off - avoiding an inadvertent dead battery and the resulting cussing.

Hold the little adapter at chest level with the two prongs pointing away from you and with the red wire to the your left. Look down at the adapter and you'll see positions for two fuses.

The position closest to the adapter prongs is for the fuse you remove from you bikes fuse block. So..... lets say you removed a 15 amp fuse from an ignition switch position on your bike. That 15 amp fuse will be placed in the adapter (slot closest to the adapter prongs) and the bike will not know the difference once you plug the adapter into the bikes fuse block.

The position on the adapter farthest away from the adapters prongs is for the seat heater fuse provided by MCC. Note that this position on the adapter is in-line with the red wire.

Basically, the adapter allows you to turn a single fuse position on your bikes fuse block into a two fuse position.

From this point on the directions provided by MCC should be more clear. I had the same question you do and it took a few phone calls to get the answers I needed to proceed with the install.

You're gonna dig the heated seat once you get it installed.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:33 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain

thanks for the answers, guys. Seems that I misplaced the fuse sent with the seat. I will call them to see what I've got to buy to replace it. I have the seat directly wired to the battery for now. I agree it works great.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:28 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This might sound like a stupid question, but is the red LED on the switch supposed to be on when the seat is turned on?

I soldered a plug that fits my stock heated seat to the lead on the MCC heated seat.

Where the lead plugs into the black block that comes with the MCC heating kit, is definitely getting 12V but the LED isn't lighting and I don't think the seat is heating. (I say I don't think because I couldn't notice any heat after about 5 min with my hand.