Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with SE pro super tuner

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:56 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with SE pro super tuner

can someone please tell me how to load the map that my tuner made for me. I understand that this map should be saved on my tuner, but when I connect the tuner to my bike and power it up and go to load a tuning file, it only gives me the option to load canned maps or the last 3 maps that i had opened. I need a way to load the map that my dyno tuner made. Basically I need to modify the map that is currently loaded into my ECM. thanks

Old 04-28-2010, 07:04 PM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it is on a disk you need to open map on the disk, by selecting manually select file link then open the disk by choosing whatever drive it's in. once it is open it is best to click the save as option and save it with your other files in the program. Then reopen it and load it that way. I had same prob a while back. good luck

Old 04-28-2010, 07:14 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master

unfortunately, he never gave it to me on disk...he was under the impression that with the pro super tuner, you can actually download it from the tuner itself onto any computer...anyone know if this is so?

Old 04-28-2010, 07:31 PM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior

yes you can, you have to choose download from vci. pull up the tuning fork, at the top click on vci, click load from vci. once it is loaded make sure you save it for future in case needed. Pc must be connected to vci which has to be connected to bike with the switches on for power.

VCI is the tuner, vehicle computer interface

Old 04-28-2010, 07:39 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

If the tuner dude saved the map on the VCI (the racetuner module), then you should be able to connect the VCI to the computer that has the SE software loaded. When you select the tuning button, select open files, you have to select the VCI tab, and the map on the VCI should show up in the list. It may be the only map. Once you open it, save is as a new file (same name should work) in the programs map file directory where your other ones are. Hope this helps. PM me if not clear.

One thing I noticed after a week's worth of frustration of naming maps- the software loads a modified version (created by you) onto the ECM, but the file name you saved the map as doesn't show up as the program file name on the ECM after the download. I kept modifying the base calibration, saving with different names each time, but finally realized the base calibration file name is all the shows. I had to watch the idle speed change to my settings with the bike running to verify my modified map was actually in the ECM.

Good luck!!!

Old 04-28-2010, 07:42 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master

I am connected and the connection is good...when I click the tuning fork, a window pops up to load a calibration file...there is nothing that says "vci" anywhere!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Follow these steps:
  • Connect Computer to VCI (connected to bike)
  • Open software
  • Turn on Main ignition
  • Turn on Thumb switch
  • Click on Tuning Fork Icon
  • There will be 2 tabs at the top of the page "Stored Calibration" and "VCI"
  • Click on the VCI tab
  • If the computer is properly connected to the bike and the ignition and thumb switches are turned "on", then you will see the "Load from VCI" button activated.
  • Click on this button and the map that is stored on the VCI will be downloaded to your computer and then you can save it to wherever you store your maps.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:01 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master

When I click on the tuning fork, there are no tabs ANYWHERE that say "VCI" or "STORED CALIBRATION". my ignition is on as the thumb switch is on run...the icon in the lower left corner is showing that I do have a good connection, and I am able to see my data in the data window such as battery voltage and all that stuff, It is displaying my ecm and vin #, so I know the VCI is connected properly to my ECM...my battery is charged fully...Is there any other reason why i wouldnt have these tabs? remember, I am using the pro super tuner for a 2008...not a 2010, not sure if it was the same in 2009 or not. If my tuner didnt save the map, would I still have these tabs? meaning, if he only saved it to his computer and not my tuner?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:08 AM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Your not getting a window when you click the tuning fork that says "open" in the upper left corner? How about if you push the "Load Tuning (Calibration) File" right below the tuning fork and printer buttons?

Old 04-29-2010, 04:57 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior

Mine is 2008 also. you should get these pop up boxes. first is after clicking tuning fork. the second is the load from vci option after clicking vci tab. Do you have the smart tune version? That may be the difference. Call the tuner and see if he still has the file. and have it emailed to you.

Attached Thumbnails Help with SE pro super tuner-100_0573.jpg   Help with SE pro super tuner-100_0574.jpg  

Quick Reply: Help with SE pro super tuner