Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ultra passenger lower back support

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:58 PM
rspete
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ultra passenger lower back support

Do they make anything out there that is inflatable for lower back support for the passenger, that is AFFORDABLE?

Old 04-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,505 Likes on 3,334 Posts

Go to you local upholstery shop and tell him that you want a block of high density foam wrapped in vinyl...cheap...have them put 2 pieces of strap so you can try it.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:37 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I opened that litte "flap", that hangs down for the passenger, and added about 3" to the top, then filled it with a nice big fat piece of memory foam. Then I reattached it to the tour pak and now it touches the seat and wifey can feel it on her lower back.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:29 PM
990rtracer
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShrink
I opened that litte "flap", that hangs down for the passenger, and added about 3" to the top, then filled it with a nice big fat piece of memory foam. Then I reattached it to the tour pak and now it touches the seat and wifey can feel it on her lower back.
+1 we did this as well, big improvement! We used filling from an old pillow.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:42 AM
2manytoys
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got my chopped TP mounted in the solo position last night to use as a back rest. Took it out for a test ride and thought it would be nice to have a littlle lumbar support. Thought about the foam idea in the flap but I found and old blood pressure cup, you know the thing they wrap around your arm then inflate. I put it behind the flap and used the squeeze bulp to inflate and use the little *** to deflate. It worked almost as if was made for lumbar support. I am now tinkering with having a new flap made to accomodate the folded blood pressure cup then shorten the tube so the bulb is right along side. I then should be able to adjust the amount of support on the fly. My own version of DIY.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2manytoys
I just got my chopped TP mounted in the solo position last night to use as a back rest. Took it out for a test ride and thought it would be nice to have a littlle lumbar support. Thought about the foam idea in the flap but I found and old blood pressure cup, you know the thing they wrap around your arm then inflate. I put it behind the flap and used the squeeze bulp to inflate and use the little *** to deflate. It worked almost as if was made for lumbar support. I am now tinkering with having a new flap made to accomodate the folded blood pressure cup then shorten the tube so the bulb is right along side. I then should be able to adjust the amount of support on the fly. My own version of DIY.
Dayam...that a great idea...I sell those and i am getting one today for the wifey...never thought about this and they are under my nose all the time..

Old 04-30-2010, 11:23 AM
2manytoys
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dayam...that a great idea...I sell those and i am getting one today for the wifey...never thought about this and they are under my nose all the time..
Thanks, I came up with that idea while standing along side starring at the bike in the garage with a scotch in my hand. They are right when they say alcohol only kills the slow brain cells.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2manytoys
Thanks, I came up with that idea while standing along side starring at the bike in the garage with a scotch in my hand. They are right when they say alcohol only kills the slow brain cells.
Hey i sell also alcohol gel and wipes and it kills all the bad stuff so how hurtfull can it really be... I have a weakness for Canadian Whiskey...Oh, beer too, and Mudslides....forgot about wine...Hell sometimes i just sit there drinking something and don't think of anything and then POP...oh! that was gas... still nothing..