Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zumo 660 Road Tech Handlebar Mount FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 07:23 PM
MarcV125
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Zumo 660 Road Tech Handlebar Mount FLHX

Im in the market for a Gps for the bike and i am definetly settling for the Zumo 660. My only question is the mounting. I really like the Road Tech handlebar mount but it says it does not fit the Street Glide?.. But yet it fits the Road Glide? .. Is it a clearance issue ? .. Or does it fit? .. I really do not want the fairing mount as i saw this was an option also..
Thanks for you help.
Marc

Old 05-09-2010, 07:31 PM
jamesraymond
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the Aerostitch.com catalog. They have a few options there.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:50 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just put the HD one on my limited. it attaches to the clutch perch. i cannot believe that the SG is different. i love it! it looks very well integrated and sturdy. only thing i can think of is that it blocks vision to the gas guage and they feel this is some kind of safety issue - kind of like they say you cant put a lay down license plate on an ultra, but you really can. i just either look around it if i am really concerned, but i go by mileage anyway. the zumo has a really cool gas guage feature.

i say go for it.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:59 PM
MarcV125
Tourer

Originally Posted by tincup64
i just put the HD one on my limited. it attaches to the clutch perch. i cannot believe that the SG is different. i love it! it looks very well integrated and sturdy. only thing i can think of is that it blocks vision to the gas guage and they feel this is some kind of safety issue - kind of like they say you cant put a lay down license plate on an ultra, but you really can. i just either look around it if i am really concerned, but i go by mileage anyway. the zumo has a really cool gas guage feature.

i say go for it.
Ok good, I was trying to think why it wouldn't work, but it didn't make any sense. I was just making sure it wasn't batwing clearance issue or anything.
Thx for your help.
How did you wire the Zumo if you dont mind me asking?..

Old 05-10-2010, 12:24 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior

not a batwing issue. wiring was very simple. i had the fairing off anyway to do the gargae door opener. i just ran the wires down the handlebars, throught the fairing and wired it to the back of the cigarrette lighter. couldnt have been any easier and goes on and off with the bike.

i will just use the cable for audio throught the front of the stereo.

good luck and let us know how you make out.

tin

Old 05-10-2010, 07:02 PM
MarcV125
Tourer

Originally Posted by tincup64
not a batwing issue. wiring was very simple. i had the fairing off anyway to do the gargae door opener. i just ran the wires down the handlebars, throught the fairing and wired it to the back of the cigarrette lighter. couldnt have been any easier and goes on and off with the bike.

i will just use the cable for audio throught the front of the stereo.

good luck and let us know how you make out.

tin
perfect..thats what i was thinking of doing.
Thanks for the help, ill be sure to show the end result.

Marc

Old 05-11-2010, 12:42 PM
motordad
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I also mounted a RoadTech 660 (Zumo) HD handlebar mount on my Limited. The only issue I can think of is either the handle bars are way different or the fairing mounted mirrors might be obstructed.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior

thats right, SG - the fairing mount mirrors would be a consideration.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:28 PM
mills1
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mirrors not an issue

I have fairing mounted mirrors on my ultra, no problems with the 660 and handlebar mount. Can't see the fuel guage from the saddle, oh well guess I have to look around it. Can,t see where the difference would be with a Street Glide. In fact I plan on tranferring the 660 to my SE Street Glide that I have ordered.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:55 PM
MarcV125
Tourer

Originally Posted by mills1
I have fairing mounted mirrors on my ultra, no problems with the 660 and handlebar mount. Can't see the fuel guage from the saddle, oh well guess I have to look around it. Can,t see where the difference would be with a Street Glide. In fact I plan on tranferring the 660 to my SE Street Glide that I have ordered.
Im going to pick up everything tomm so i will everyone know.. Im pretty sure it will work fine though just from reading everyones comments. Just doesnt make sense why it wouldnt.

Quick Reply: Zumo 660 Road Tech Handlebar Mount FLHX