Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bull Whip on a Touring Bike? What's up with that?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:22 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 05-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
I see a lot of the Banditos, a local 1% club that have these whips.
It's Bandidos.

There's a few guys around here that have them. Most of the guys I know who have them are not affiliated with a club.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

LMFAO!! Good Videos for this thread!!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:48 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I never saw these until a couple years back, either. When I was young and dumb, we carried ball bats in the saddlebags and wore "chain" belts outside the loops for quick release. If you needed more there was the 6' log chain and HD lock wrapped around the highway pegs. When all else failed there was the .44 mag and a dime to call your brothers in the saddlebag.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:48 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Bandidos, yes, Banditos, no. I was eating some Fritos while typing.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

old school, new school, '90's.. I dont care i think there cool on the right bike..

Old 05-11-2010, 12:32 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
Just moved down here to New Mexico a while back and noticed a lot of riders here have these whips. Dont recall ever seeing them anywhere before so I too was curious. Not sure I would want one blowing back banging into me or my bike. Have to agree with earlier posts that using one of these on a cager might incite a road rage incident or shooting. Yeah there have been some punks I would have liked to crack a windshield or two but like was said before, never know anymore who has a 9mm tucked down in the seat next to them. I see a lot of the Banditos, a local 1% club that have these whips.
They are pretty comon in NM, most of the clubs have them in their club colors. I have one, but it stays in the saddle bag most of the time since I leather wrapped my lever , it doesn't fit to well. I never had a problem with it hitting me though.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:32 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey Gunner,

Thinking about heading down to Ruidoso for the Aspencash rally. Is it worth the ride?
Sturgis will be my big one this year so I am taking in all the local regional rallies until then.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:54 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jasnusc
I saw one on a Touring bike today for the 1st time but I've seen them on other bikes for years.

Why do guys put bull whips on their handle bars? My friend said they whip cars or other bikers with them but that doesnt make any sense. I always see them on the throttle side so the bike would be slowing down and they would be swinging it against the wind.

I would imagine other people would grab it and cause more problems for them then they could do harm with it?

So whats the deal? Is it just another thing to try to look like a tough guy or is there some history behind it Im not aware of?
They are not for use while riding; some will clip them to their belts when they get off the bike and go into a bar.

The true value is movement. When traveling at or near the same speed as other traffic your motorcycle can become invisible to someone talking on her cell phone. The whip will move around in the wind and, since the eye is attracted to movement, it helps attract attention to your bike. It’s a safety device.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:48 AM
missouri tom
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

n
Originally Posted by EasternSP
Yep, it's for various reasons.

Hey Ken..That looks nice on your bike, Nice color....

Quick Reply: Bull Whip on a Touring Bike? What's up with that?