Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bull Whip on a Touring Bike? What's up with that?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 12:51 PM
onefastcorvette
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by T K Glider
Why have that dangling?Just pack a spark plug or two in your jacket.Maybe some giant ***** from bearings or some wheel weights?Who would know?
Now your talking, I always have a lug-nut at the ready.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:54 PM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,920 Likes on 8,432 Posts

Originally Posted by missouri tom
n
Hey Ken..That looks nice on your bike, Nice color....
Do I know you?

Old 11-04-2012, 12:57 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Damascus
Interesting history but, man, how things have changed. You whip somebody's car these days and they are either gonna run you over or shoot you in a road rage incident.

Crazy to say, but the days of fisticuffs, knives, chains and whips are more and more a thing of the past. Those days almost sound quaint!

I and maybe most of us could crush a wee little gang banger if the punk kid didn't have a 9mm in his pocket. You just never know now. Unreal.
Well put and how true!

Old 11-04-2012, 01:19 PM
JetskiMark
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by missouri tom
n
Hey Ken..That looks nice on your bike, Nice color....
Nice necropost.

Welcome to the forum.

On the topic, I don't like anything hanging from my bikes or my women.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:13 AM
Shorthanded
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get Back Legal?

[QUOTE=don2010;6696344]be careful some police think they are deadly weapons and will arrest or site you
...checking all over Net can't find any law saying they are illegal? Not one to put on my bike personnally but would like to know.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:23 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 995 Likes on 591 Posts

Just as silly as gremlin bells.

Old 08-06-2017, 11:22 AM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Just as silly as gremlin bells.
I got my Gremlin Bell from a good friend as a sign of wishing me safe riding and truly meaning it. I see nothing silly about that. Now buying one for yourself, maybe..

The following users liked this post:
s-glide76 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,790 Likes on 18,560 Posts

Originally Posted by Damascus
Interesting history but, man, how things have changed. You whip somebody's car these days and they are either gonna run you over or shoot you in a road rage incident.

Crazy to say, but the days of fisticuffs, knives, chains and whips are more and more a thing of the past. Those days almost sound quaint!

I and maybe most of us could crush a wee little gang banger if the punk kid didn't have a 9mm in his pocket. You just never know now. Unreal.
Crazy to say, but the days of fisticuffs, knives, chains and whips are more and more a thing of the past. Those days almost sound quaint ... I use to have a t-shirt that read "Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me"

Old 08-06-2017, 11:41 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by CVO SG
I got my Gremlin Bell from a good friend as a sign of wishing me safe riding and truly meaning it. I see nothing silly about that. Now buying one for yourself, maybe..
nothing silly about it. besides, when did having fun go out of style?

Old 08-06-2017, 12:09 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by CVO SG
I have two on my bike, both given by dear friends. I have, in turn, given each of them bells when they got new bikes. It's just a way of wishing some one good luck in the same way that a guardian angel pin or religious amulet is worn.

I know many call them gremlin bells but I kind of prefer the term guardian bell. And the term "polish the bell" has meaning to me as well. Having lost friends on bikes I really do think of them whenever I wash or even see them.
Here's my favorite version, sorry no gremlins.

Polishing the guardian bell
It has been a tradition among some of us for a long time to attach a brass bell to our left swing arm, to remember our brothers and sisters who have gone down riding.

It’s a small thing, but the reason a brass bell is chosen is that, as we ride, it gets dirty and tarnished. Every time we get down to wash and polish it, we are reminded of friends lost, and our thoughts turn to the meaning of being in the wind.

As we ride and hear the bell ring, we know that our brothers and sisters are riding with us, and how easy it would be to join them with a single mistake.

And maybe, just maybe, the next time a situation comes up; they will be there to help us...as long as we remember them by polishing the bell.

If that's silly, so be it...

The following users liked this post:
DAVENRINO (08-06-2017)

Quick Reply: Bull Whip on a Touring Bike? What's up with that?