Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD XM Radio Module (P/N 76404-06)

Old 05-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Coffeeman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used the HD XM module for some time... works great, no problems... out of sight, no wires, easy to control. functional... like everything else with a harley, price is relative to what you are looking for and a personal decision :-)

Old 05-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Ultra-Tour
1st Gear

I installed the HD-XM module on my 2010 Limited and it was a pretty simple install. HD specks this labor out as 3 hours which is total BS! I did it in 90 minutes which included replacing the stock speakers with J&M's. The only hitch is making sure the additional wiring harnes you install for the XM does not impeed getting your fairing back on and sealed up correctly. So, make sure you have a good seal along the sides. A zip-tie to pull the harnes back into the dash area solved the protruding wire issue for me.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:34 PM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by FX4
I don't think it's technically possible for the colors to fade on an LCD screen. The Sun may damage the screen over time, but fade, I'm highly skeptical. Pixels drop out, back lighting fails but technically I don't think fading is an option. Colors may appear washed out or hard to see in the Sun on some models, sure.
And your point is? Maybe I should have said fade, in any case it would be hard to read. And besides I dont think they are waterproof. So theres something else one may want to consider

Old 05-15-2010, 01:55 PM
faapilot
Cruiser

Originally Posted by faapilot
Thinking of putting the XM radio module (P/N 76404-06) onto my 2009 Ultra. Any feedback from those of you that have it would be appreciated. Don't want to spend $600 if I don't have to (Module, bracket and wiring harness.). I have XM in my cager and do like it better than AM/FM stuff.
Thanks in advance....and Ride Safe!
Well, from all the positive feedback, it appears I will bite the bullet and get the XM Mod installed. I appreciate all the feedback; it really helps.
Thanks again....and Ride Safe!

Old 05-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Glide'n09
Tourer

Is there any reason to get the expensive wiring harness (that says will fit FLHX) if I do not plan on adding anything else? Looks like there is two of them that are cheaper.

Thanks

Old 05-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Baffler1
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey faapilot - pm sent to ya!

Old 05-31-2010, 10:22 AM
rwb427
Stage III
Default XM Radio

I have a XM unit for the HD radio that is on my 06 RG that I would be willing to sale if anyone is interested. I have never used it and dont plan to.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:34 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I put a Sirius Stratus 5 unit in my saddlebag with velcro, the antenna on top of the radio inside the fairing, ran a Aux cable from the radio (90 degree plug) to the radio, a power cord (battery tender type) from the accessory connector by the battery, both with disconnects out side of the saddlebag. Everything probably cost me $25.00 including the radio unit directly from Sirius. Out of sight and works well. No, you can't change the channels but I only listen to the 70's or 80's so it's not a big deal to me.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:09 AM
ElectraEd
Cruiser

I recently installed the XM module in my 2010 Limited and mounted the antenna on the factory bracket you install above the left speaker. I find that when traveleing straight north the signal gets very weak and drops in and out. On my 2004 I had it mounted right on the radio case and never had an issue. Thinking about moving it to the radio case. Anyone else have anything like this happen? It i almost as if while traveling north the signal is blocked somehow.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:52 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too will eventually bite the bullet and buy the OEM XM unit. As stated, the security and keeping the bars uncluttered are worth it to me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HD XM Radio Module (P/N 76404-06)