Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hard Bags on RKC WOW!!

Old 06-09-2010, 06:45 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great.......the only RKC hard bag conversion I have ever liked. The color of your bike makes a difference since the scheme is even more retro to begin and those bags with rails look great IMO.

How hard would it be to swap back and forth between leather/hard? I know you have the UC but my black classic is sporting a Tour Pack all summer due to the amount of family and friends coming out to visit Arizona this year. (I guess they are coming to see us too )

This has me thinking about a set of those hard bags with rail and solo seat when it gets back to just me on the scoot again come Sept or Oct. I think the RK Tour Pack would look best with the RKC saddlebags while set-up for "toting." As much as I would like to add an Ultra for hauling we already have his/hers RKC's and adding a 3rd scoot to the party is not in the financial cards.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:58 AM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyClassic
Looks great.......the only RKC hard bag conversion I have ever liked. The color of your bike makes a difference since the scheme is even more retro to begin and those bags with rails look great IMO.

How hard would it be to swap back and forth between leather/hard? I know you have the UC but my black classic is sporting a Tour Pack all summer due to the amount of family and friends coming out to visit Arizona this year. (I guess they are coming to see us too )

This has me thinking about a set of those hard bags with rail and solo seat when it gets back to just me on the scoot again come Sept or Oct. I think the RK Tour Pack would look best with the RKC saddlebags while set-up for "toting." As much as I would like to add an Ultra for hauling we already have his/hers RKC's and adding a 3rd scoot to the party is not in the financial cards.
not hard at all. All stock hardware

Anyone else using them. Let's see pictures!!!

Old 07-09-2010, 05:07 AM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by cbears
I FINALLY got my new hard bags put on. I got them painted and let them sit inside the house for 30 days to let the clear coat cure. Then waxed them up and put them on. WOW!!! I love the way they look on the bike. Take a look and see what you think.
I got mine on last night...I went with the antique white and rails...Really not sure if it looks good..pictures later today I hope, if I get out of work soon enough

Old 07-09-2010, 06:29 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think the bags look incredible on your bike! I love the retro look that they have. Nicely done!!!

Also, I agree with Boogaloodude, the bags look better without the rails, but they still look sweet and complete the nostalgic look.

Other than the soft bags and spoke wheels, what is the difference between the RK Standard and the RK Classic?

Last edited by JakeInMa; 07-09-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:40 AM
jsciullo
Cruiser

They look great. What kind of handlebars do you have on the bike?
Jim

Old 07-09-2010, 06:49 AM
RKCUSTOMBUD
Cruiser

If you are just talking Looks and not the added protection, I like just the Bags,without the rails. All in all, still looks Great.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:34 AM
billhawks51
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RKC has cruise and 16 inch wide whitewalls

Old 07-09-2010, 01:55 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bpav16
I got mine on last night...I went with the antique white and rails...Really not sure if it looks good..pictures later today I hope, if I get out of work soon enough
Can't wait to see them

Old 07-09-2010, 01:57 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jsciullo
They look great. What kind of handlebars do you have on the bike?
Jim
Harley tall boys.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the bags, what solo seat w/ backrest do you have?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Hard Bags on RKC WOW!!