Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Make a Road King Sit Like a Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:06 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default How to Make a Road King Sit Like a Street Glide?

I recently test drove both a 2010 Road King Classic & a Screamin' Eagle Street Glide.

I preferred the sitting position of the Street Glide. It seems like you sit 'in' the bike, where the Road King you sit 'on' the bike. However, I don't care for the fairing on the Street Glide.

I understand that the Screaming Eagle Street Glide has a different seat than a stock Street Glide.

What changes need to be made to make a Road King Classic sit like a Street Glide? Is it just a question of swapping seats, or are the handlebars, etc. different?

Thanks

Old 05-28-2010, 05:09 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Change the seat and lower it. Not sure about the bars but I think the RKC bars are a bit higher.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:06 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dirtracin23
Change the seat and lower it. Not sure about the bars but I think the RKC bars are a bit higher.
That's it, just change the seat & shocks?

Does anyone know if the Street Glide & Road King Classic seats are interchangeable?

Thanks

Old 05-28-2010, 06:10 PM
shagnasty
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They were on the older models maybe the newer ones too.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

All the touring bike frames from 09 up are the same. The street glide and road king are pretty much the same bike. Street Glide has the fairing, lowering shocks and a lower seat.

The Road King is built to be the entry level touring bike and everything go's up from there.

The biggest differance between the Road King and the rest of the touring bikes is the wiring harness. The Road king has it's own while all the rest use a harness design for use with a fairing and have all the extra plugs for tour packs and other accessories.

Note Road King below with about everything I could put on it. Had to make up a special harness for the tour pack lighting.

Shocks are the new preminum low tour shocks that come stock on the CVO Street & Road Glides

Old 05-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Ricky06Roadking
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Roadking and Roadking Classic have 13" shocks and 1" longer front fork springs.

Street Glide and the Roadking Custom have the "Profile" lowered front fork springs and the 12" profile shocks.

Of course the seat is different.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:34 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior

Once you put in the lower Street Glide shocks and changed out the seat on the Road King Classic, will it now sit the same as the Street Glide, or would there still be a noticeable difference in riding position?

Love the Street Glide ride, but don't care for the look. Love the Road King Classic ride, but prefer the seat position/stance of the Street Glide. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Old 05-28-2010, 11:13 PM
nskitts
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
All the touring bike frames from 09 up are the same. The street glide and road king are pretty much the same bike. Street Glide has the fairing, lowering shocks and a lower seat.

The Road King is built to be the entry level touring bike and everything go's up from there.

The biggest differance between the Road King and the rest of the touring bikes is the wiring harness. The Road king has it's own while all the rest use a harness design for use with a fairing and have all the extra plugs for tour packs and other accessories.

Note Road King below with about everything I could put on it. Had to make up a special harness for the tour pack lighting.

Shocks are the new preminum low tour shocks that come stock on the CVO Street & Road Glides
I will ask the obvious, why did you go through all this trouble? Since you purchased so recently, why didn't you just get the Ultra or Classic?

Old 05-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd bet that he likes to strip it down for that nasty boulevard cruizer look that only a Road King can have, and then put all that extra crap on it for the long trips.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:59 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

08 t0 2010 seats are interchangable on touring

Quick Reply: How to Make a Road King Sit Like a Street Glide?