Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Zumo gps for ultra classic help help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Dougger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zumo 550

I have the 550 and use the XM all the time. The GPS instructions will override the XM.
I don't remember if it will override the FM function. The 550 is well worth the dollars to have both the XM & GPS function in one unit vs the HD price of the radio installed GPS & XM units.
You also get a car windshield mount too, so you can multiple use the unit.
You can down load other music on the unit too.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:31 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 632 Likes on 504 Posts

i use a 450 and load the sd card for tunes be very CAREFUL with the aux port it will crack in a heartbeat(dont ask) going to be sending mine out to ironcross this fall.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:16 AM
cestep6
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ferggie
I have the Zumo 550 with the Garmin XM puck and love it. I can listen to the XM, mp3's, phone (blue toothed) and directions without switching out of aux.

I would like to have the 665 since it is a bigger display but I wouldn't waste the $ to change mine out. I have the fairing mount for it on my EG and it is a real clean look.
Hi Ferggie,

You said that you have your phone connected to your Zumo via bluetooth. How does that work if you get a call? Can you answer the call through your headset? I have a 2011 Limited and I'm looking at the 665. I love XM, but also listen to audio books on my phone. But I haven't found a way to integrate the phone into the audio system so I can answer calls through my headset.

BTW, according to the Harley dealer, the 665 will include a 100 gift card starting 15 Oct 2010.

Thanks,

Cestep6

Old 10-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Ferggie
Advanced

Originally Posted by cestep6
Hi Ferggie,

You said that you have your phone connected to your Zumo via bluetooth. How does that work if you get a call? Can you answer the call through your headset? I have a 2011 Limited and I'm looking at the 665. I love XM, but also listen to audio books on my phone. But I haven't found a way to integrate the phone into the audio system so I can answer calls through my headset.

BTW, according to the Harley dealer, the 665 will include a 100 gift card starting 15 Oct 2010.

Thanks,

Cestep6
The phone is linked via bluetooth with the garmin. When a call comes in it shows up on the garmin and you can hear/talk using the headset. I am not sure about audio books on the phone but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. That is the advantage of having everything available on the garmin so you can use it all when on AUX.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:05 AM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferggie
The phone is linked via bluetooth with the garmin. When a call comes in it shows up on the garmin and you can hear/talk using the headset. I am not sure about audio books on the phone but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. That is the advantage of having everything available on the garmin so you can use it all when on AUX.
A bit of clarification. The phone will be linked to the Garmin, and you can see the call when it comes in. The number will show up on your screen, or even the name of the caller if it's in your contact list.

But you won't be able to hear or talk using the standard HD headset. To do that you'll need a bluetooth headset, or an aftermarket device, like the HD Bomm,

Last edited by bluffalobob; 10-08-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Deleted...

Old 10-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member

Originally Posted by bluffalobob
A bit of clarification. The phone will be linked to the Garmin, and you can see the call when it comes in. The number will show up on your screen, or even the name of the caller if it's in your contact list.

But you won't be able to hear or talk using the standard HD headset. To do that you'll need a bluetooth headset, or an aftermarket device, like the HD Bomm,
The HD Bomm option works great. I've had it for over a year and it allows you to use your Harley factory wired headset.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:12 AM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The Navigation Interface Module from HD is also supposed to work and wires into the factory stereo harness. I plan to install one on my bike this winter. I have the Zumo 660 (from Garmin, not the Road Tech HD modified unit). From the description, it "listens" for commands from the GPS and interrupts the stereo when there is a command from the unit.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

Anybody with the integration module already wired up, can you still use a bluetooth headset with the Zumo, or are you stuck now using the wired headset into the bike?

Old 10-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

subscribed. I like the idea of the integration module, but curious if it works with the non-HD Garmins. I have a 450 mounted (fairing mount) now. Plan on upgrading to one that has XM when I return to the states next year.

Quick Reply: HD Zumo gps for ultra classic help help please