Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 UC 96"

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 07:59 PM
NClakeguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 UC 96"

Anybody that has a new 96" UC willing to share with me how they like the new engine and tranny set us vs the 88"

Old 08-19-2006, 08:01 PM
SMenasco
Road Master
Default RE: 2007 UC 96"

I like the additional torque and really like the 6th gear on the road. It turns 300 rpm less than 5th.

Old 08-19-2006, 08:15 PM
WhiteKnuckle
Cruiser

My 88" was in a Low Rider, which is a lot lighter than the UC, but overall I don't think the new engine is significantly stronger. The 6 speed, though, is fantastic. I love the way the bike runs on the highway. 75 is right in the sweet spot, 75 was a tad buzzy on my 88" 5 speed.

Old 08-20-2006, 05:36 AM
Capt.Bob
Tourer

So Whiteknuckle, did you get the rattle noise in 5th gear fixed or have you got used to it? Mine is still in the shop waiting on a new tranny from the MoCo.

http://bobbyhill.home.att.net

Old 08-20-2006, 08:24 AM
Greybeard
Stage II

Hi Guys,
Thought I'd have me a quick squint in here and see what the general oppinion about this nes get-up is.

Just, as in yesterday, traded my 2001 Road King in for a new 2007 Ultra. Should be with me 1st Sept.
I Done loads of mods to the King, inc big bore and stg 2 conv, which it really needed. 2 Up all the time, really hampers the heavy 1450, and I found the big bore/2 mod worthwhile although bloody expensive!
So, my new steed comes as a 1580, and 6 speed straight from the womb. Although, my stealer tells me yesterday that I cannot get a stg1 kit, nor can I put my V&H pipes on the beast becasuse of the engine mangement system won't allow it. Something about an Oxygen sensor?? Of course, this info is only passed to me after I have given him my hard earned and my steed, early so as not to be kept waiting come new reg release day!
So, have any of you guys encountered this? It's something to do with the new Euro 4 Regs, that I doubt you'd have to suffer.
My gripe is, WTF can't I changed what I want on my machine? Why does the MoCo have the right to hold me back from this? I mean, I have just shelled out over 17thou UKP! surely that gives me some right's to mess up my own Hog? [:@]
Have'nt had any of these on the road here yet to try out, so kind of bought mine blind. I think mine should be one of the 1st on the road here come next Friday, if it arrives in time as it's still on the boat!
I sure hope this 96" engine can deliver at least the power of my old modded King, my knowledgable stealer sales bod, says "no problem" [>:]
Thanks for listeneing to my rambles.

Greybeard.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:56 AM
WhiteKnuckle
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Capt.Bob

So Whiteknuckle, did you get the rattle noise in 5th gear fixed or have you got used to it? Mine is still in the shop waiting on a new tranny from the MoCo.

No, I got synthetic put in at 1000 miles, but...after I rode the bike for a week or so without the lowers, I decided it's really more perception than mechanics. It's no big deal to me. And, it's gotten a little quieter.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 76 Posts

ORIGINAL: Greybeard...So, my new steed comes as a 1580, and 6 speed straight from the womb. Although, my stealer tells me yesterday that I cannot get a stg1 kit, nor can I put my V&H pipes on the beast becasuse of the engine mangement system won't allow it. Something about an Oxygen sensor?? Of course, this info is only passed to me after I have given him my hard earned and my steed, early so as not to be kept waiting come new reg release day!..
As usual....I believe the aftermarket will be your salvation. They will have a range of products out soon with better engineering than the MoCo could ever deliver.

I believe the MoCo will deliver the 103" kit in November...Or at least that's what's on their website.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Capt.Bob
Tourer

I decided it's really more perception than mechanics.
I sure hope the MoCo don't decide the same thing. They might change their mind about replaceing all those noisey trannies they put out.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:01 AM
trebin
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got 1200 miles on an 07 Ultra. Been riding an 05 Ultra, love the 07! Much deeper sound from pipes and the 6 speed is the berries! 5th is a little noisy but I try not to hang around there much!! Much better torque at the low end!! The 88ci was alright but the 96 ci KICKS A$$!!......good luck....Tim

Old 08-21-2006, 01:14 AM
rhinoevans
Tourer

All that loss(my guess) on an 05 for a few extra ponies and a gear. I think I can contain myself. What is the dollars per torque for the trade? What an incredible marketing department HD must have.

Quick Reply: 2007 UC 96"