Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Having issues with your audio equipment? The first post gives great tips on self-diagnostics in order to help pinpoint your issue. Forum members list their issue and solutions that worked for them.

Read the full discussion below to find out if your issue is listed and what helped forum members fix the problem.
Print Wikipost

Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios

Old 07-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Jd1a
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

My 2011 Ultra radio has nothing but static, worked in April when I bought it. Will play my XM and CD. Occasionaly will pick up a station. Not sure what to do.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:46 AM
wvdave
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error code? question

I have a 2013 Road Glide Ultra and just started getting this popping up when I start the bike. The HK clock will reset to 12:00 and then display 1:165 and then goes back to the correct time. The radio itself seems to work fine, speakers all work, etc. Most important the bike is running fine. Does anyone know what this might be? I am afraid to take it to the dealership an find out what they will charge me to check it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:39 AM
leadman
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

I believe I got moisture inside my radio.Any way to dry it out?

Old 10-21-2015, 06:25 AM
StreetGlide515
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rantana
Great post !! Thank you !! Figured out mine is the speaker switch on the dashboard..
BTW.. where is the print button.. I'd like to keep this post on file for future reference..
Thx again !!!
Right click on post and scroll down to print

Old 07-17-2016, 10:18 AM
lamewolf1
Stage II

Morning one & All, I have a '08 UltraClassic ( had it for about 9 months) and an annoying problem has popped up. Thespeakers are cutting out at varying times. Most often it is front & rear speakers bothgoing silent, a few times the rear speakers remain working. If I toggle thespeaker switch once or twice the speakers will start working again. They may stay working for an hour or so andsometimes it cuts back out in 5 minutes. Road conditions don’t seem to be afactor. My previous ride was an ’03 Sporty1200 so my knowledge of the radio / electrical systems is poor to say theleast. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Old 07-17-2016, 03:09 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by lamewolf1

Morning one & All, I have a '08 UltraClassic ( had it for about 9 months) and an annoying problem has popped up. Thespeakers are cutting out at varying times. Most often it is front & rear speakers bothgoing silent, a few times the rear speakers remain working. If I toggle thespeaker switch once or twice the speakers will start working again. They may stay working for an hour or so andsometimes it cuts back out in 5 minutes. Road conditions don’t seem to be afactor. My previous ride was an ’03 Sporty1200 so my knowledge of the radio / electrical systems is poor to say theleast. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your radio has internal problems and will have to be repaired. Mine did that while it was under warranty and it had to be replaced. In speaking with others that have had the same problem and had been sent to Iron Cross Audio, it ended up being damage from vibration. You will have to pull it out and send it off. ALSO be sure to check the handlebar clamp bolts. Someone identified that the longer head bolts that were originally used cause the bolts to transmit vibration into the radio causing the damage. Aslo check for damage to your supports inside of the fairing.

The following users liked this post:
lamewolf1 (07-22-2016)
Old 07-22-2016, 04:33 PM
lamewolf1
Stage II

Thank You Sir, While it is an annoying problem, it's not something cant wait till the end of the season (Nov / Dec) to send the radio off. As far the handlebar clamp bolts, going to stop by and pick up a set and replace them this week.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Tommy Jameson
Stage II

No power to radio. I check fuses. They check out good. Help.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Tommy Jameson
Stage II

I have a 2012 ultra limited. No power to radio. Fuses are good. Help.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:03 AM
jeremyjp
2nd Gear
Default nice

Im really interested in this thread. I am having problems with my HK stereo not showing the option for XM radio. I do have the module installed, but i never see it prompt me so i can select it. It doesn't even show up on the stereo. Any suggestions?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Self-Diagnostics for Harman Kardon radios