Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code-P1510 EFI Limited Performance Mode

Old 06-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default code-P1510 EFI Limited Performance Mode

Does anyone know what this means. I was riding today stopped for a break when I started back up the yellow light was on, when I checked the code this is what it was. I rode it for a while stopped and tried to clear it, but it would not clear kept coming back. I ate lunch went out about 1 hour later and then I was able to clear the code. So far it has not come back. Any Ideas? 2008 FLHTC with fuel pak and V&H Big shot duals.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain

I can't believe I am the only one with this code. Anyone have any ideas on what to look for, or is it just a fluke and nothing to worry about.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I had that code once, about 6mo ago. In my case I think I hit the kill switch by accident. Lost power and coasted to a stop. I cleared the codes and all is OK. Like i said I think I hit the kill switch, not really sure, could'nt remember with everything going on at the time

Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be a stupid question but here it go's.......how do you check codes and how do you clear them?

Old 06-20-2010, 07:31 PM
SOCALHD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not finding a p1510
The P1500 series seems to be related to ECM connections. With your power commander probably installed under your seat. Check your ECM connections

Last edited by SOCALHD; 06-20-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Hrlyrider
I can't believe I am the only one with this code. Anyone have any ideas on what to look for, or is it just a fluke and nothing to worry about.
In the two hours between posts, did you try the search function at the top of the page? If you type in P1510 you'll see a lot of threads including this one which lists DTC's and explains how to pull them:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...odes-dtcs.html

Good luck with your research.

Carl

Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain

I just love when everyone always says hit the search, which I did and the search on this site just plain sucks. Thanks for the post about how to read my codes, but if you read my post you would know I already know how, how do you think I got the code. I told you what the code is but it does not tell you what causes the code, and I thought that at least 1 other person might of had it at one time or another. Guess I am the only one with this code, but that does not make sense or they would not even have the code if no one gets it. Anyone?
Originally Posted by Harleypingman
In the two hours between posts, did you try the search function at the top of the page? If you type in P1510 you'll see a lot of threads including this one which lists DTC's and explains how to pull them:

Carl

Old 06-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain

Oh yeah I forgot my 2 hours between post's I have a life. I actually eat dinner and stuff like that and don't have time to read 1000 post about codes that have nothing to do with the code I threw.
Originally Posted by Harleypingman

Carl

Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hrlyrider
Oh yeah I forgot my 2 hours between post's I have a life. I actually eat dinner and stuff like that and don't have time to read 1000 post about codes that have nothing to do with the code I threw.
Well, if you type P1510 in the search function you get 51 threads which seems like a manageable number to at least scan for an answer.

And most of us do have a life, celebrate Father's Day, etc. so not getting a definitive answer within two hours isn't all that surprising.

It's great if someone has the right answer to a specific question, but it's also true that sometimes we have to search for an answer.

As for how to pull codes, I included that for a subsequent poster who didn't know how to do it.

Good luck with your search.

Carl

Old 06-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

I didn't check the 51 theads but the 2010 Electrical Diagnostic Manual said:

P1510 Limited Performance:
Enables near normal
operation of the vehicle, guarding against inadvertent wide
open throttle conditions. Typically this code is the result if
(sic) one of the TGS or TP sensors, or one of each, has failed.

I'm not a tech, but sounds like a problem requiring prompt attention.

Carl

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: code-P1510 EFI Limited Performance Mode