Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Home Made lift table

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default homemade lift

This is my homemade lift that I built. Each section can be removed to allow an open area under the bike. Front section is removed for engine,primary and trans oil changes. Rear section can be removed for tire removal. I have an overhead hoist on a 30' beam right above the lift. This raises and lowers the lift. Works very well. Lift sits flat on the floor and is only 2-3/4'' tall. Bike can be easily pushed onto lift and into chock.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:30 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LT69
Thanks guys for all the inputs.

I am gona check out the Harbor Freight lift table this weekend. Even have a 20% coupon which may come in real handy.

There is a guy selling a set of plans for $17.00 to build a lift table out of plywood and 2x4's. Looks interesting, but not shur of the weight it could hold.
read the fine print on the coupon , have not seen any yet that were good on jacks , lifts or anything like that , good luck and let us know , if the coupon is good I might look myself [ sorry , just saw the date this was started ]

Last edited by 1st 96 ultra; 03-01-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Biker John
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st 96 ultra
read the fine print on the coupon , have not seen any yet that were good on jacks , lifts or anything like that , good luck and let us know , if the coupon is good I might look myself [ sorry , just saw the date this was started ]
Check with the magazines too...American Bagger, American Iron, and others...often they have a coupon for $299.00... for the H.F. table. Also, it's recommended that you used a 'wheel chock' from H.F. that bolts onto the H.F. table. FYI ?

Old 03-02-2013, 04:52 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GzrGlide
If you're somewhat handy, you can build one of these as $$$$ allows. I had the plans for one at one time ( lost in a move ) and they looked pretty straight forward.

http://afabonline.com/table_lift_plans.htm

Originally Posted by Rhonda
This is my homemade lift that I built. Each section can be removed to allow an open area under the bike. Front section is removed for engine,primary and trans oil changes. Rear section can be removed for tire removal. I have an overhead hoist on a 30' beam right above the lift. This raises and lowers the lift. Works very well. Lift sits flat on the floor and is only 2-3/4'' tall. Bike can be easily pushed onto lift and into chock.

Good posts, thanks1

Old 03-02-2013, 07:36 AM
ShadowMonster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GzrGlide
If you're somewhat handy, you can build one of these as $$$$ allows. I had the plans for one at one time ( lost in a move ) and they looked pretty straight forward.

http://afabonline.com/table_lift_plans.htm

I ended up buying one of these. Much better than the HF stuff.
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Di...lash-tpxlt.htm
This looks like a good setup as long as you can get the material for a decent savings and you already have a floor jack, and of course a welder.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:39 AM
keith t
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

After a google search for motorcycle lift plans I settled on a set from AFAB (www.afabonline.com). Haven't gotten to it yet because I moved and still need to clear a dedicated space. Materials looked to be in the 450 to 500 dollar range from a local metal scrap/recycle yard.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:48 AM
ShadowMonster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keith t
After a google search for motorcycle lift plans I settled on a set from AFAB (www.afabonline.com). Haven't gotten to it yet because I moved and still need to clear a dedicated space. Materials looked to be in the 450 to 500 dollar range from a local metal scrap/recycle yard.
That's to bad, as I can get one with air lift at princess auto( similar to harbour freight) for $450 in day box, $399 when on sale, was hoping for at least a $100 savings to make it worth while. I don't mind getting dirty in the garage but that's not worth getting dirty for.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:02 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 306 Likes on 178 Posts

The HF ad paper they sent this week has a super coupon for their 1000lb lift for $329.99.
Good until the end of March.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Sauceman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I built one of those wooden lift table. It was fine for lightweight sport bikes, but it would not lift my bagger so I got tid of it.

cheers

Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Taildragger NC
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I now exactly what ya mean...That floor can be mighty hard on your knees and back. Some years back I had a 9000lb two post lift put in because of the constant maint. on my 5 other vehicles. I took a 8' piece of 10" steel beam and made a table that attaches to the lift for my bikes. If your going to spend $1000 bucks on a Bike table, for another 1000. or so you could put in a lift and not have to kneel or lay on the floor again! I'm just sayin!

Last edited by Taildragger NC; 03-02-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Home Made lift table