Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a pics of RKC's with 2 into 1's??

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 10:59 PM
steveg56
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Looking for a pics of RKC's with 2 into 1's??

I seriously want to put a 2 into one on my 08 RKC for more torque, but seem to think the left side of the bike will look weird with no pipe. I have seen a ton of pics of touring bikes with Hard Bags and 2 into 1's, but for the life of me can not find any photos of RKC's... The hard leather bags are smaller then the hard bags and I'm worried it won't look as good as it does on the RG's and SG's...Help me out if you have any photos

Old 07-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Kenzo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride an 07 RKC. I'm hoping my D&D 2:1's will be getting here next week. I think the bike is going to look pretty damn monster. Sounding like thunder and riding like lightning.
I'll post pics when I've got them wrenched on.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:05 AM
jorswift
Road Captain

Here are the pics I currently have of my RKC with a Bassani Road Rage 2-1.

Attached Thumbnails Looking for a pics of RKC's with 2 into 1's??-2221.jpg   Looking for a pics of RKC's with 2 into 1's??-2.jpg  
Old 07-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts

It'll look great without the extra pipe on the left. All the other models have the exhaust on the right side only. Only dressers have the extra weight and cluttered look of pipes running all around to get two pipes out the back. The two into one is cleaner looking and all business. Two into one exhausts provide a boost in torque at low and midrange r.p.m.s, right where they do a bagger the most good. Besides, are you gonna ride it or look at it?

Old 07-14-2010, 05:46 PM
steveg56
Road Captain

Just don't want to screw up the look of my bike as I feel it runs pretty good with the BuB 7 true Duals in place now, but I know true duals are robbing me of low end torque and think I'm ready to say screw looks...I want *****!!!

Old 07-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have 2 into 1 on mine and love it. Plan to install semi-truck air horns under left bag to fill space.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:01 PM
rklew
Cruiser

I still like duals, like the classic look.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Northside
Road Warrior

While I like my Fat Cat on my Streetglide, and like the fact that it gave me 10 more H.P. and 4 Ft. Lbs. of torque over my true duals on the dyno, it's not going to turn your bike into a fire breather. I mostly feel more jump at lower r.p.m.s. I like the look of a 2 into1. To me that's the classic look. Knucks had the exhaust on one side. I remember Panheads with flex pipe running all over to get two pipes out the back when I was a kid hanging around the Harley shop. Not the classic look I'm after. You might find that those true duals give you more h.p. at top end though mine didn't, and a lot of guys prefer the sound of true duals.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:27 PM
steveg56
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Northside
While I like my Fat Cat on my Streetglide, and like the fact that it gave me 10 more H.P. and 4 Ft. Lbs. of torque over my true duals on the dyno, it's not going to turn your bike into a fire breather. I mostly feel more jump at lower r.p.m.s. I like the look of a 2 into1. To me that's the classic look. Knucks had the exhaust on one side. I remember Panheads with flex pipe running all over to get two pipes out the back when I was a kid hanging around the Harley shop. Not the classic look I'm after. You might find that those true duals give you more h.p. at top end though mine didn't, and a lot of guys prefer the sound of true duals.
Yeah by bike pulls pretty hard right now and I was thinking if I could get it to pull a bit harder I could hold off on some motor work for a season or two. If I don't get a substantial gain from going to a two into one I will be very disappointed because I like the way my bike looks with the duals. I feel I'm just more for functionally over looks. I just ordered a Vance and Hines Pro Pipe Chrome. Fingers Crossed!!!!!

Old 07-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Northside
Road Warrior

I like the looks of that new Pro Pipe. V&H has always been a top notch pipe for quality, and the stepped headers should be an improvement over past Pro Pipe models. Hope you get the extra umph you're looking for. My experience with my 103" Streetglide was opposite of what I expected. My bike had V&H Big Shot Duals (true duals) on it on the showroom floor. I know the guys in service pretty well. They told me these pipes were dynoing great torque numbers. The bike ran great and was at 97 ft. lbs. at 2800 rpms. I installed a Fat Cat and had the bike dynoed by a different shop. They got 10 more h.p. and 4 ft. lbs. of torque. It is now over 100 at 2700 rpms but it's a different dyno, operator etc. so who really knows. The bike is now more responsive below 3000 rpms and seems to pull harder at higher revs to. I got more of a horsepower gain than a torque gain by going to a 2 int 1.

Quick Reply: Looking for a pics of RKC's with 2 into 1's??