Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart 4 inch slip ons on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 08:26 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FLTRX
I'm txting Lisa now!!
I know you didn't cause she was still talking to me this.morning....or was that a sweet dream?

Old 07-15-2010, 04:21 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Arrived a few hours ago, installed IMMEDIATELY! Initial assessment: Quality of finish : MADE IN USA!
As good or better than any other Rinehart I have had (3 sets). Made by Clearline Industries in Iowa, here's a link to their site LINKY Looks like a pretty good outfit...

Warranty is 18 (yes 18 Months). Surprising in this day and age of ever decreasing warranties...

Fit:
Packaged well, no damage, installed easily, fit PERFECT!

Now for sound assessment:
These are definitely Rineharts! If you are looking for quiet, this isn't it. I only rode a short distance with these, but when you twist the wrist, they growl and bark. Louder than my old Bub 7s, MUCH louder than the V&H Ovals they are replacing. I love the look, big, round and the familiar end caps that have grown on me over the years. So here are some pics and a short video shot outside so there is no muffling noise or walls to reflect any sound.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:53 PM
neano62
Tourer

Sounds better than they used to, but not as good as CFR's.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:40 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree they sound better than they have in the past but I'd still rather have a thunderheader.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Mike, Red is look'n and sound'n great. Those 4 inch cannons do total justice to your bike. Thanks for the time and effort to post the results!!! Now you'll have a nice pair in your avatar and yer sig pic.

PS. How much louder than the Bubs? Deeper tone than the Bub's?

Old 07-16-2010, 12:00 AM
YtseJam
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Not sure what I like better, those pipes or your plate.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:10 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by Clint55
Hey Mike, Red is look'n and sound'n great. Those 4 inch cannons do total justice to your bike. Thanks for the time and effort to post the results!!! Now you'll have a nice pair in your avatar and yer sig pic.

PS. How much louder than the Bubs? Deeper tone than the Bub's?
Hunter,
on a scale of 1-10, 10 with the Bubs being at 1 I would say 4....LOUDER than the Bub 7s, much deeper. Not obnoxious though. Rode a short city/highway loop tonight and was easily able to hear the CD AND the pipes...nice combo IMO...

Old 07-16-2010, 12:45 AM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, those pipes sound sweet and look awesome!! Now I'm even more anxious to get my 4" Riny's!

Those pipes sound a bit more aggressive than my buddy's Jackpots (09 RKC, 96"), but far less raspy than my other Bud's Bassani's (06 CVO RK 110"). So, just what I was hoping for. Now I just have to wait for the good'ol U.S. Postal Sevice to get the goods to me in Alaska

Thanks for putting in the time for the Forum BigDaddyMike!

By-the-way ...thats one sharp-*** Road Glide you got there. Oh yeah ..."best avatar on any forum" too!

Old 07-16-2010, 04:35 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah Man! Got my shipment in from Fuel Moto today! (Got the V&H Power Duals, the new 4" Rinehart mufflers, PCV, and stage 1 filter kit). I can't wait to get it all set-up on my SG! But it looks like I'm going to have to wait until at least Sunday evening ...pesky wife wants me to take her Halibut fishing this weekend

By-the-way ...Kudos to the U.S. Postal Service. They've been doing real good lately on getting my goods to Alaska. This shipment left Wisconsin on Tuesday, and I got in in Alaska on Friday morning. Thats pretty damn good! Thanks USPS!

Old 07-16-2010, 04:46 PM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

They look and sound awesome.

Quick Reply: Rinehart 4 inch slip ons on the way!