Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Reduced Reach Seat

Old 07-27-2010, 01:26 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Super Reduced Reach Seat

A few new items listed in the Accessory catalog in the Touring section. A new Super Reduced Reach Seat for some of us not-so-long legged.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Will be waiting for feedback once a few here have purchased regarding the seat comfort and support.

Some cool paint tins too, but $4500 and it's an exchange?! Could spend a lot less by having my bike painted locally.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Jlf FLHX
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bit the bullet and ordered the Super Reduced Reach seat for my 09 FLHX today. I'll post my impressions once it gets here.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:23 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Jlf FLHX
I bit the bullet and ordered the Super Reduced Reach seat for my 09 FLHX today. I'll post my impressions once it gets here.
That would be great; maybe you could take a measurement with your current seat and then meausre with the Super Reduced Reach. Would like to know the difference in height. Local dealer thinks it would be 2" lower then the original Reduced Reach seat, which is what I have on my Ultra right now. Says that the new Reduced Reach seat would be 1" lower then mine. Hopefully you've got a digital camera too...

Old 08-09-2010, 10:45 PM
CLL375
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I may get flamed for this but how low does one have to go before its unsafe? I've seen guys lower their bike, different bars, different seat, and any other product to reach the ground or jiffy stand. This all works fine to accomplish their goal but what about seeing over the fairing. I've seen guys and have friends that aren't as tall as most get touring bikes and do everything to reach the ground. When you see these guys ride they can hardly see over the faring. This can be safe. Has anyone ever thought of this problem when trying to reach the ground? My intentions are not to make fun but to get some thinking.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CLL375
...what about seeing over the fairing. I've seen guys and have friends that aren't as tall as most get touring bikes and do everything to reach the ground. When you see these guys ride they can hardly see over the faring. This can be safe. Has anyone ever thought of this problem when trying to reach the ground? My intentions are not to make fun but to get some thinking.
I would like to see the dis-proportionate person that sits lower, but cannot see over the fairing. How old are they? 10?

I can flat-foot, but another inch or so would be great, just to be able to get a bite on the ground when situating in a parking spot. Wait, I guess you will respond with learn the friction zone? Lowering the suspension will not lower your field of view over the fairing, the whole bike is lowered. Unless you are some freak midget, 2 inches won't matter either. Are you trying to watch the front tire roll down the road?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:36 AM
webbug
Cruiser

I will like to know your review on it.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:39 AM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I have been trying to decide if I should get a different seat on my new Ultra Classic.I'm 5'7 30 inseam I can flat foot it but would like to be a couple inches lower to be more solid,this could be the answer.I would love to hear feedback from someone that has it or is getting it. Thanks

Old 08-10-2010, 08:53 AM
webbug
Cruiser

Reduced Reach (52619-08) - Legs 1" closer, moving 1/2" lower and 1/2" forward

Reduced Reach (54383-11) - Legs 1" closer, moving 1" lower* and 2.5" forward

Super Reduced Reach (54382-11) - Legs 1" closer, moving 2" lower* and 2.5" forward

Old 08-12-2010, 11:42 AM
dan2fish
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up the seat yesterday but still havent put it on. Havent had the time to install any help before I get to it to take off old seat and install new one would be a great help. I understand the basics but I need to know how to remove the stock seat I have a 2010 Elecrta Glide Ultra Classic

Old 08-13-2010, 06:38 AM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I haven't taken mine off yet but the manual says to remove the screw on the left side of seat that holds the strap and then remove the screw holding rear of seat down.After both of those screws are removed you should be able to lift up rear of seat and pull out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Super Reduced Reach Seat