Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cary Faas mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 05:00 PM
cfrinc
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In regards to tuning with the S/E tuner, we now have a video tutorial on our website.
www.cfrmotorcycles.com Regards,Cary.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

In the first video, when they show the dyno sheet via computer screen...you can see that HUGE dip low in the tq curve, just like it was on my bike.

I had high hopes for this tuner initially. If he could get the dreaded "dip" out, I would be all over another set of CFRs and headed his way.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:34 PM
cfrinc
5th Gear

The dip is gone, that chart was just after exhaust change only, both had dips with customers initial map.

Last edited by cfrinc; 09-16-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by cfrinc
The dip is gone, that chart was just after exhaust change only, both had dips with customers initial map.
Cary,
Can we get the final dyno chart posted? I'm curious to see it. Also, what build/components the bike has.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:08 AM
dwireman
Novice

I just had my 2012 FLHTK dyno'd yesterday. I have a set of JackPot header pipes also. The tune turned the right CFR a brown gold color. Needless to say, for the amount of money I just spent on them, I sure wouldn't expect that to happen. The dealer where I ordered them is sending me some BlueJob to see if that will work. My question is why should I have to do that? I might add that the salesman also told me that he would take care of me on this issue. I'n going believe him until I find out differently. Here's hoping. I've had my bike about 6 weeks, and the mufflers about a month, so needless to say, I am sick. I might add, I have never had any quality mufflers turn any color.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:35 AM
Esuomm1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's what the discoloration looks like. Wish black would look good on my ride. Not sure I dig the gold/blue/chrome combo so much.

Maybe 2-3 mos. old, 1,000 - 1,500 miles. All stock ride.

Stubby from Smokin' Harely-Davidson must be wrong when he says that no tune or mapping is needed. If he's correct, the product is bad, if he's wrong, than he doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm guessing it's not the latter.

J

Attached Thumbnails Cary Faas mufflers-dsc07070.jpg  

Last edited by Esuomm1; 08-18-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Ganno57
Tourer

Originally Posted by cfrinc
In regards to tuning with the S/E tuner, we now have a video tutorial on our website.
www.cfrmotorcycles.com Regards,Cary.
What web site ???????? Great index page !!!!! Am I missing something ??????

As far as the mufflers turning color, every manufacturer blames the tune. Just because the product is made from material that is too thin and gets too hot causing the problem does not mean anything. Amazing how long it takes for a set of factory mufflers to turn color particularly when everyone cries how lean the tune is from the factory. At $600 for a set of mufflers you should be getting more than what you get.

Last edited by Ganno57; 08-18-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:07 AM
sftdyna
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Esuomm1
Here's what the discoloration looks like. Wish black would look good on my ride. Not sure I dig the gold/blue/chrome combo so much.

Maybe 2-3 mos. old, 1,000 - 1,500 miles. All stock ride.

Stubby from Smokin' Harely-Davidson must be wrong when he says that no tune or mapping is needed. If he's correct, the product is bad, if he's wrong, than he doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm guessing it's not the latter.

J
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgpzpU_W0Tw
wow!! this must be an omen! my friends were just ready to order cfs slip ons til i ran into this post. 2012 street glide and a 2011 road king demo wont be buying any cfs products with that customer service. thanks for posting this.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 PM
dukdog
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had CFR's on my bike for 17 months and have not experienced any discoloration. My bike has been on the dyno twice for extended runs without incident. Sometimes the best products have issues. I would have thought Carey would have taken care of this for you.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:49 PM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain
Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

I have run my cfr's for about 1000 miles now with no discoloration. I'm running the stock headpipe with the cat in place and no tuner. I will be putting on the ceramic coated fuelmoto s/s header next week. Hope I don't see any issues with the pipes after that.

Quick Reply: Cary Faas mufflers