Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&S Stainless Perf Oval slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 10:07 PM
drod
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default S&S Stainless Perf Oval slip-ons

I am trying to find slip-ons that will add power and that are not loud. I do not want loud. Has anyone run S&S Stainless Performance Oval slip-ons? They offer a optional baffle that is quieter.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:41 PM
nuke_mech701
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: S&S Stainless Perf Oval slip-ons

I have the S&S SPOs on the RK. I had Samson Rolled Ovals and they were too loud for my taste. Like to hear myself while riding the bike and listen to my music without too much killing my ears. If you get the new map for the PCIII for the SPOs to match up with what you have for the bike, it makes the bike run a whole lot better. I don't have the optional baffle from the company and I don't really see the need. The mufflers are pretty quiet when steady pace and you will hear a growl when you hit the throttle. It sounds like more of a muscle car style sound to me. Not too much bark. Definately fills out the lower half of the bike, fills the width of the saddlebags. The only problem I have is when I lean into serious corners, the leading edge of the mufflers may have a tendency of scrapping along with the floorboards.

Bob[sm=gears.gif]

Old 09-02-2006, 02:03 AM
SxysCowboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: S&S Stainless Perf Oval slip-ons

yes they scrape,.... but you are well beyond most folks nerves when it does(and my bike is bad low) and i love the sound,.... altho when you go tru dual it make a WORLD of difference in sound,...louder i mean but not un bearable at all. and best of all they are stainless steel whish can be polished easy, NEVER RUST, and they fill the a** end of a bagger nice