Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1967 Electra Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:29 PM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a sweet old girl that is...why the hell can't I find something in a barn like that!

Old 08-28-2014, 03:24 AM
riderideride
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LilRosie
Damn.... I know it's been 4yrs since this thread started.
I sure hope you didn't sell your 67 for the prices mentioned here....

Here's a current ad for a running example at $3500.

Screen Shot below for when ad is over.

Last edited by riderideride; 08-28-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Hukamosh
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all those that missed this one years ago there is a '67 electra glide in really good shape on craig's for $12,500. I wouldn't pay that for it but for those who "gotz-to-have-it", nows your chance

Old 09-01-2014, 04:40 PM
LilRosie
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by riderideride
Here's a current ad for a running example at $3500.

Screen Shot below for when ad is over.

That ad has all the markings of a scam. A friend of mine who lives only 100 miles from where that 67 is supposably located, he checked out that ad.
Here's the response he received.

Hello,

I work for the US army and right now i am out of country for the next 6
month. Until to leave the country i left the item# to the eBay custody to
sell my item# because i don't have anyone there to take care to sell it.
I can deliver it to your shipping address and i will pay for the shipping
and insurance fees.

The total price is $3470 ( no extra fees for you )...The payment will be
made only after you'll receive, test and inspect the item#. I will accept
to make the deal only through eBay Motors.

In this way both of us will have the required assurance that the deal will
take place well. A refund policy will be included. You will have 5 day
return policy and 5 days for inspection before payment. If something won't
be like you expected to be you can return the item# without any expense. If
you agree with these terms please reply me with your full name, shipping
address, phone and email address so that i can forward them to eBay. They
will send you a complete list with instructions.

I`m waiting for your reply as soon as possible.
Thank you!

Last edited by LilRosie; 09-01-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:45 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

Sounds phishy.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:52 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a '69 FLH for sale in the Motorcycles For Sale section here.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motor...hovel-flh.html

Last edited by bobros; 09-01-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Highwayman-AL
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its a scam. When I was looking the exact same email I got back when I inquired about a bike on Eagle Riders. The only difference was the Eagle Riders vs Ebay.

I know Ebay doesn't work that way, and you can't buy the bike without making a payment of $500.00 or less first.

Really out the U.S. on Military and you write that bad? You have no relatives or friends in the states that posses the bike for someone to go look at it? convince me this is not a scam, have the bike sent to a Harley Dealership of your choice and after their inspection I will pay through Harley. I never heard again from them.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:29 AM
sixd6
Stage I

Originally Posted by skipperhd1
my uncle owned one in the early 70's! it was stolen while he was trying to sell it! my brother had a stock 1969 electra glide! i've put a few miles on these late 60's harley baggers, and they are really average bikes! i feel comfortable with the values being kicked around to sell one! as a harley guy who likes to ride, this is not the bike for travel! i had a neighbor who paid $7,000 for a 1972 electra glide 15 years ago! i tried to talk him out of it! do the minimum money upgrade to get the biggest sale price! cheers from montana
Really? Average? They are the last real Harley. There is a reason they go for the prices they go for. Take that bike to a place like Davenport and see what it would go for. The prices mentioned might even be on the low side. As it sits in that picture it will sell $7000 dollars or more. I've had a '66 for over 30 years. You're right that stock they aren't interstate bikes because of the gearing limitations a drum brake represents. But I take 1000 to 2000 mile trip every year on mine. Its not my only bike but its by far the most fun to ride.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Dragger40
Stage III

M y uncle bought this bike back in 2010 not long after this post was running. He took it home, put it on the lift and got it running. The old bike sounded sounded pretty good for sitting since the mid 70s but she'll need to be gone through (especially the carb) to be road worthy.

My uncle passed away suddenly about a year and a half ago and the bike is still sitting on the lift in his shop. I was very interested in the bike when he first heard about it and I was going to buy it if he didn't. My aunt knew that and she told me right after he passed that the bike was mine.
I'm going to bring it out of the shop this spring and get it rideable but that's all I'm going to do with it for now because I'm in the middle of building a couple Mopars and they are draining the wallet. I eventually want to restore the bike but I don't want to over restore it. I want to save all I can off of it but things like the wheels may have to be replaced as they are pretty rusty.

I figured you guys might want to know what happened to the ol girl. I can tell you that as long as I'm alive it'll never be for sale.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragger40
M y uncle bought this bike back in 2010 not long after this post was running. He took it home, put it on the lift and got it running. The old bike sounded sounded pretty good for sitting since the mid 70s but she'll need to be gone through (especially the carb) to be road worthy.

My uncle passed away suddenly about a year and a half ago and the bike is still sitting on the lift in his shop. I was very interested in the bike when he first heard about it and I was going to buy it if he didn't. My aunt knew that and she told me right after he passed that the bike was mine.
I'm going to bring it out of the shop this spring and get it rideable but that's all I'm going to do with it for now because I'm in the middle of building a couple Mopars and they are draining the wallet. I eventually want to restore the bike but I don't want to over restore it. I want to save all I can off of it but things like the wheels may have to be replaced as they are pretty rusty.

I figured you guys might want to know what happened to the ol girl. I can tell you that as long as I'm alive it'll never be for sale.
Awesome! Glad someone is preserving it and knows the value of a classic Harley.

Quick Reply: 1967 Electra Glide