Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot Dyno Tuned Mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Jackpot Dyno Tuned Mufflers?

What does “dyno tuned” mean? Aren’t all performance mufflers/head pipes designed using a dyno? My understanding is the left muffler has a smaller baffle than the right. If these were designed and “dyno tuned” using the Fuel Moto head pipe how would they perform using a different head pipe such as Fulsac or V&H Power Duals? I’m just trying to get my head around the “dyno tuned” part of it.

Thanks,
Rick

Old 08-10-2010, 03:54 PM
RollinWide79
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guys at Fuel Moto would be happy to explain their muffler design to you. All you have to do is give them a call.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:08 PM
xdanman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re

Kinda long but here goes:
Jackpot Dyno tuned mufflers feature our legendary Fuel Moto dyno tuned baffle system. We have spent countless hours testing different baffle designs, configurations and dyno tuning to offer the best performing slip on mufflers available. These mufflers were designed specifically to be used with the stock Harley headpipes, as well as a stage 1 air cleaner and Dynojet Power Commander (or appropriate EFI tuner). Jackpot mufflers offer the ultimate combination of performance and sound. The sound quality of these mufflers is truly second to none. Jackpot Dyno tuned mufflers provide a deep, rich tone that provides a true V-Twin note. They emit a very reasonable sound level in the idle and cruise range areas, and a nice powerful rumble in the upper RPM's.

During the development, customer feedback was crucial as well years of riding, tuning, and selling exhaust systems to real riders who were looking for mufflers that were "not too loud, & not too quiet". We developed a muffler that after a long day of riding you will still say "these mufflers sound awesome" They truly offer a big pipe sound at a lower volume.

The 2/1/2 design of the stock Harley headpipes works very well for performance on the 88", 96", 103" and 110" bikes. The factory headpipe design is based primarily on 2 into 1 design with a crossover for the left muffler. Our extensive testing has shown obvious shortcomings of the aftermarket true dual systems and we have found excellent gains thru baffle design taking advantage of the stock headpipe design. We developed an asymmetrical baffle system that allows us to use the right muffler for the primary muffler and we make use of the crossover and left muffler to produce maximum low end torque and HP. We extensively tested muffler, baffle design, exhaust packing combinations and our final baffle design is the result of 100+ hours of dyno testing and development. Utilizing our unique system these mufflers are the best performing mufflers available, and we back this up with a 100% satisfaction performance guarantee. Jackpot mufflers are manufactured 100% in the USA. Jackpot Dyno tuned mufflers are available in Slash Up, Slash Down and Straight Cut.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:17 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

All I can say is I went from V&H basic slip-ons to the JackPot straight cuts and I'm a happy camper. Certainly a deeper tone that is not obnoxiously loud. They look like mini cannons

Old 08-10-2010, 05:21 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Didn't get into all the technicalities - but read enough on here to try them, and I love mine.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by xdanman
Kinda long but here goes:
These mufflers were designed specifically to be used with the stock Harley headpipes,
Thanks, I think this answers my question. It sounds as though they may not be the best choice for one of the other aftermarket head pipes.

Rick

Old 08-10-2010, 05:40 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

The Dyno Tuned mufflers work extremely well with the Jackpot 2/1/2 and other similar pipes such as the V&H PowerDuals which use the left hand exit as the primary exhaust path.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 08-10-2010, 05:44 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

I love my Jackpots!!! Went from Monster Ovals and haven't looked back!!!!

Old 08-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RK09RK
I love my Jackpots!!! Went from Monster Ovals and haven't looked back!!!!
Please tell me more about why you like them better than the MO's. I was (am) also considering Monster Rounds or maybe the new 4" Rineharts.

I'm currently running V&H Power Duals with Khromewerks new 3.5" HP Plus touring mufflers on my 05 Eglide. Wanting to go back to 2 pipes and something a little quieter I replaced my FC with this combo but now I'm thinking they're a little too tame for my liking and I could be wrong but I think they're a little too restrictive for this build but maybe I'm feeling the loss of the 2-1.

Rick

98" @ 10.5 comp
Wild Things TC 26G cams
heads fully ported
48mm HPI TB
TMAX AT

05 FLHTCX

Last edited by Egldr05; 08-10-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 PM
mike1158
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Egldr05
Please tell me more about why you like them better than the MO's. I was (am) also considering Monster Rounds or maybe the new 4" Rineharts.

I'm currently running V&H Power Duals with Khromewerks new 3.5" HP Plus touring mufflers on my 05 Eglide. Wanting to go back to 2 pipes and something a little quieter I replaced my FC with this combo but now I'm thinking they're a little to tame for my liking and I could be wrong but I think they're a little too restrictive for this build but maybe I'm feeling the loss of the 2-1.

Rick

98" @ 10.5 comp
Wild Things TC 26G cams
heads fully ported
48mm HPI TB
TMAX AT

05 FLHTCX

i'm considering the same mufflers....Jakpots, Monster Rounds..... i have V&H Dresser DUals which are more of a "true dual" then the Jackpot 2-1-2, of the V&H Power DUal...i'm wondering how the DYNO tuner would work with my headers..... Suprised to hear that someone switched from MOnster Ovals...everyone on here goes on about how they are the BEST... i like the look of the Monster ROunds better...just having a hard time swallowing $600+

Quick Reply: Jackpot Dyno Tuned Mufflers?