Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak Brake/Running/Turn Signal Conversion Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:55 AM
dakajun
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tour Pak Brake/Running/Turn Signal Conversion Kit?

Planning on adding the Auxiliary Brake/Running/Turn Signal Conversion Kit part #69461-06B. I also noticed that they have the Tour Pak Brake/Running/Turn Signal Conversion Kit part #69200042. Both plug into your existing wiring harness. Question is, can you use both at the same time, or is it a one or the other thing?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:42 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

My feeling are they "should" work together, all u would have to do is piggy back the connections.

My questions is anyone using just the Tour Pak kit and what do you think of it ????? Be Safe JIM

Old 08-12-2010, 08:24 AM
1pkraft
Cruiser

Based on the picture that's attached to the description in the HD on line catalog the tour pak kit includes the module that converts the turn signals into brake lights.

I just saw this kit on an after maket web site that included a video, looked great. The after market product also included and option to replace the stock lights with LED's.

By the way the HD product is a couple of dollars cheaper.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

The tail lights on the Ultra tour pak already function as run/brake lights. The accessory adds the turn signal function, much like the run/brake/turn signal accessory HD sells for the rear turn signals. The kit, which I inspected yesterday at my local HD store, plugs in between the rear lighting connectors under the seat/in front of the rear fender, then runs back to the tour pak for the tour pak light harness.

If I kept my Ultra tour pak on my bike, I'd buy this accessory, especially as I have the SG bullet rear turn signals and the added visibility of the Ultra's tour pak lights functioning as turn signals would be a safety improvement IMO--those bullet turn signals aren't all that large or visible with the box on the bike.

Carl

Old 08-12-2010, 12:31 PM
motorsgt8
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I just added this last friday. Excellent add on. It puts your turn signals right the the car behind you's immediate eye sight. I also plugged it into the H-D turn signal module for the brake light, no problem, direct connect.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:46 PM
dakajun
Cruiser

Originally Posted by motorsgt8
I just added this last friday. Excellent add on. It puts your turn signals right the the car behind you's immediate eye sight. I also plugged it into the H-D turn signal module for the brake light, no problem, direct connect.
So you've added the Tour Pak Brake/Running/Turn Signal Conversion Kit, correct? If so, do you also have the Auxiliary Brake/Running/Turn Signal Conversion Kit in the mix? My question is, can you plug both the Auxiliary and the Tour Pak Conversion Kit into the horness at the same time?

Old 08-21-2010, 09:01 PM
kchoghead
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does this come with the hardware to make the turn signals glow when the brake is activated? and is it plug and play or do you have to wire this in

Old 08-21-2010, 09:17 PM
DougM
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning to add an Ultra King Tour Pak that I just bought off craigslist. My question is with the Tour Pak Brake/Running/Turn Signal Conversion Kit...do I still need a the traditional harness to connect the tour pak to the main harness under the seat or does this kit replace that 2-3" harness and plug right into the harness that's inside of the tour pak?

Old 08-22-2010, 07:45 AM
1pkraft
Cruiser

The HD kit plugs into tour pak wiring harness. Makes the running lights as well as the upper corner tour pak lights function as stop lights. In flasher mode the running lights flash but the upper tour pak lights do not.

It comes with the module that converts your running lights into stop lights. It replaces the module that converts yours running lights to stop lights if you already have that installed. The new plug is a 3 way connecter as has leads that run inside the tour pak.

It's plug and play, the only real work you have to do is to insert 5 wires in one of the terminals that goes in to the 3 way connector. The full terminal doesn't fit through the hole / grommet in the tour pak. It's a very simple connection.

I installed the HD kit yesterday in about 15 minutes.

Originally had the kit that converted the turn signal to running / brake lights. I noticed with the tour pak kit the turn signal lights function as turn / stop lights but I lost the running light feature. Seems odd that HD would take that away.

Also, for those that are interested in this kit it clearly notes the HD LED lights are not compatible with the tour pak kit.

Last edited by 1pkraft; 08-23-2010 at 06:47 AM.