Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, so what are the rules regarding patch placement?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraPoppy
http://www.rcvsmc.net/index.html
http://www.rcvsmc.net/id4.html

14. No CLB's (Chapter Location Bars), any territory rockers, or anything giving the appearance of a rocker should be worn with the RC patch. State flags, state logos may be worn in some areas and not in others. It's best to check with the local RC officers to make sure what is ok in your area.
15. If someone from a motorcycle club requests that you remove your vest/patch, don’t argue. The best reply is, "No Problem" & politely take it off and let your Club Officer know what motorcycle club it was so they can deal with any potential problems. You normally will only get asked once.
16. If an establishment has a sign indicating “No Colors”, even though your patch is not considered “colors”, the vest should be removed out of respect to the other clubs and the policy of the establishment. While you may just be a Riding Club, it's only respectful to honor the house rules. Motorcycle clubs that honored the "house rules" would probably be deeply offended that you didn't. Also remember, many establishments choose to have this policy and it applies to all clubs that use any kind of patch; they do not distinguish between a MC and a RC. Be aware of the local motorcycle club hangouts & it's best not to wear the RC patch into them without an invitation.
Streetrunner--just curious. Do cop clubs abide by "no colors" policies?

Old 08-18-2010, 12:32 AM
ezmac
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only patch on my vest says carhartt but i didn't put it there. Really man i know this has been said but wear whatever you want. Good old pete fonda got some old lady to sow a flag on the back of his jacket and it became the most famous riding jacket of all time (my opinion) I got a funny feeling you and the fam won't be going in a bar where mc guy are anyway. My dads friends all wear those vests and some tips from them, if you wanna get a patch on a pocket you need someone with a special machine and if you get the "i drank too much beer for this vest" button extenders they can turn your vest into a parachute. i know you wanted to let this thing die but i think that's why this forum is here to get opinions about stuff like this and lots and lots of tech help that's not a poser thing. I don't think any of us are hardcore taping away on our key boards with our internet connections instead of couch surfing with our bikes as our only possessions

Old 08-18-2010, 06:20 AM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cops wearing an MC cube, now there is an example of the ULTIMATE POSERS! They going to take care of business and then arrest me for knocking the crap out of them when they lie. We just laugh at them and leave them alone.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:21 PM
mtbottles
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Went for a ride the other night with the local chapter. I noticed three common patch. Hog Patch high and center on back. American Flag high in front on left side. Hog Miles high in front on right side.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:01 PM
W0ace
Tourer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mtbottles
Went for a ride the other night with the local chapter. I noticed three common patch. Hog Patch high and center on back. American Flag high in front on left side. Hog Miles high in front on right side.
Mine is like that, I liked the way it looked when laying it out.

Why do I wear a vest? It's a easy way to carry my pistol! Works great, I purchased it just for that. I'm surprised no one else mentioned using theirs for this. We can't open carry, only concealed.....

Old 08-20-2010, 11:43 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lucky dog... In Illinois, only the people who want to shoot you can carry.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:15 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Originally Posted by W0ace
Mine is like that, I liked the way it looked when laying it out.

Why do I wear a vest? It's a easy way to carry my pistol! Works great, I purchased it just for that. I'm surprised no one else mentioned using theirs for this. We can't open carry, only concealed.....
Didn't mention it cause it kinda detracts from the concealed carry part, if everybody knows it there then it's just hidden

Old 04-18-2012, 12:43 PM
rsarno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to bump this old thread, but its actually great and filled with lots of info.

I wonder how much is still relevant?

Also after reading this, im so tempted to wear a top rocker that says "POSERS"

and a title patch "President" LOL ahaha

PS this should be moved to General, IMO

Last edited by rsarno; 04-18-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:54 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 145 Posts

I have my HOG patches, which I stopped renewing after they started cutting all the benefits, but all the other patches are the roads I've travelled (e.g. Beartooth Hwy) and I Rode Mine (Sturgis). Not much advertising, I like them and I don't care if others do. To each their own.

TedMan

Old 07-16-2017, 10:44 AM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Here's a capture of a HOG patch placement scheme. (Not my drawing.)

Attached Thumbnails OK, so what are the rules regarding patch placement?-biker-patch-placement-hog.jpg  

Quick Reply: OK, so what are the rules regarding patch placement?