Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 08 owners with the 49 tooth ring gear?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 06:47 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,963 Likes on 1,714 Posts
Default Any 08 owners with the 49 tooth ring gear?

Researching the EVO 49T ring gear conversion and am finding only 07 owners that have done the swap. The speedo can be calibrated either through the TTS or Dakota's little doo-hickie. I know that the 07 differs from the 08 in regards to cruise control though. Any 08 owners have the 49T and were successful in getting cruise control back with the TTS or Dakota Digitals calibration module?

Old 08-16-2010, 09:07 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Old 08-16-2010, 09:15 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry Dawg no help here but good to hear from as always?

Wouldn't you knowit you ask a questions and its hard to get an answer.

Is that head saved yet?

Old 08-16-2010, 09:29 PM
DocDyna
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planning on it this winter

Dawg, Can't tell you how it works but I am planning on doing it to my 08 over the winter. I am just getting the chain and sprocket and will replace the sprocket on my clutch basket. I have access to a machine shop so the drilling and counter sinking bolt clearences will not be a problem. These 08 baggers need all the help they can get to get rolling. Even with my build !!
Maybe someone will chime in

Old 08-16-2010, 09:43 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SICKBAGGER
Is that head saved yet?
Yea, it's shaved. Total raised for the event was $28k from all sponsors.

Originally Posted by DocDyna
Dawg, Can't tell you how it works but I am planning on doing it to my 08 over the winter. I am just getting the chain and sprocket and will replace the sprocket on my clutch basket. I have access to a machine shop so the drilling and counter sinking bolt clearences will not be a problem. These 08 baggers need all the help they can get to get rolling. Even with my build !!
Maybe someone will chime in
Do you use cruise control? That is the only thing I am worried about. I have the EVO 30T sprocket now and don't care about the 6th gear light, but I didn't lose cruise with that. I've been told I will with the 49T ring gear.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:50 PM
thereal142
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Dawg, I am assuming you are going to get rid of the 30T Evo motor sprocket, go back to the SE Comp with 34 teeth, then go the 49T basket route? That's what I'm gonna do over the winter. Your speedo won't need to be tweaked; the speed sensor won't know the difference in primary gearing. I have heard the CC works just fine, but I can't verify that.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:02 AM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain
Default 49T on 2010

Originally Posted by dawg
Researching the EVO 49T ring gear conversion and am finding only 07 owners that have done the swap. The speedo can be calibrated either through the TTS or Dakota's little doo-hickie. I know that the 07 differs from the 08 in regards to cruise control though. Any 08 owners have the 49T and were successful in getting cruise control back with the TTS or Dakota Digitals calibration module?
I have the 2pcs EVO billet 49T clutch sprocket on my 2010 LTD.LUV IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do it & put a SE comp sprocket on.I still have cruise & 6th gear lite.Regards,Tom ps:I had to shave some of the shoe off at the last 1/3 of it(appx 1/16" in thickness)to get rid of a small whine.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:06 AM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain

Just eye ball the shoe before the install & after to see the increased angle of the chain & shave for the correct angle......................

Old 08-17-2010, 07:23 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
The speedo doesn't need to be recalibrated when you change gears in the primary. The 08's do have a cruise control issue, I don't know the fix for that.
I think the 49T is the perfect set up but I haven't done it yet on my 07.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:05 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

I know the speedo does not have to be calibrated when changing primary gears. I threw that out there because I was wondering if installing something to adjust it would attain the cruise control. The 07's won't have the issue because of the cruise being separate from the ECU. 08 and later the ECU is integrated for recognition purposes.

Originally Posted by TOMCENTRAL
I have the 2pcs EVO billet 49T clutch sprocket on my 2010 LTD.LUV IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it & put a SE comp sprocket on.I still have cruise & 6th gear lite.Regards,Tom
So with the 2010 you kept cruise? That's good to know. There may be a chance then that I wouldn't lose it.

Quick Reply: Any 08 owners with the 49 tooth ring gear?