Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with Freedom America Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:24 AM
CATchaser
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with Freedom America Exhaust?

I was looking at the Freedom America Exhaust booth in Sturgis. Salesman was a bit shifty & didn't seem too knowledgeable about the different models, but the products were really impressive in both sound and looks.

Anyone here used one of there true dual systems on a touring model?
Any tales to tell about customer service/warranty?

Old 08-19-2010, 11:30 AM
wolfglide
Advanced

are you talking about freedom performance exhaust?

Old 08-19-2010, 11:48 AM
RodeDawg
Cruiser

My buddy was talking to that guy too. Yes, he was 'shifty' and his knowledge was questionable. But the product did look really good. I chalked up the guy's attitude and approach to the fact that it was Saturday afternoon and they were trying to pack up. It had been a loooonnngggg week - but that's no excuse.

He offered my friend the chrome set of head pipes for $300 with $30 shipping (off from $449 or $499) just so he wouldn't have to take them home with him. My friend has a set of Supertrapps he was going to use anyway. Well, my friend didn't take the deal just because of this guy's attitude - which is saying something! [Let's just say he's 'frugal'.]

I'm running a set of Samson true duals in black on my '09 EGS and love them - but I'm going to wrap the baffles to tone them down just a bit. From the rider seat they are great but a bit loud for those behind me [Samson has a new baffle coming out for the 4" muffles that will decrease the level by about 10dB. I'm on the list to try them once they come out....

Freedom, Samson and Bub are the only ones who seem to make true duals without the cross-under for '09's and '10's.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:11 PM
CATchaser
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wolfglide
are you talking about freedom performance exhaust?
Yes. The website is Freedom Performance, but all the signs and banners at Sturgis say Freedom America. Must be going through a new marketing campaign or something?

Old 08-19-2010, 12:17 PM
CATchaser
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RodeDawg
Freedom, Samson and Bub are the only ones who seem to make true duals without the cross-under for '09's and '10's.
I like the looks of the traditional true-duals, but I have to admit, the cross-under is appealing due to no heat on the left leg. Freedom makes both versions. Any other pros/cons I should know about?

Old 08-19-2010, 12:25 PM
RodeDawg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CATchaser
I like the looks of the traditional true-duals, but I have to admit, the cross-under is appealing due to no heat on the left leg. Freedom makes both versions. Any other pros/cons I should know about?
I went with the old fashioned true dual (no cross under) for the simple fact that it evened the heat out and kept me from frying my right leg. My Samsons really helped that and it is the reason my friend is looking at the same thing - the right leg is frying. He'll get rid of the converters at the same time of course. It has no ill affects for my left leg.

The only other result will be people stopping and saying, "Man, that looks ssssoooo much cleaner and better...."

Old 08-19-2010, 12:59 PM
wolfglide
Advanced

Yes. The website is Freedom Performance, but all the signs and banners at Sturgis say Freedom America. Must be going through a new marketing campaign or something?
thought so..ive heard them also sounded great! would also like some feedback on quality issues if any...

Old 08-21-2010, 12:39 AM
CATchaser
Cruiser

I just ordered a Freedom true duals "race" system with 3 stepped headers and 4" mufflers off Ebay. I'll post some details in a week or two when I get it installed.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Flhxcrzy
Stage III

I'm real glad you guys started this thread. I have an '12 Road Glide Custom. This 103ci is HOT even with an oil cooler! I've done the HD stage one a/c, TTS Mastertuner, V&H H/O mufflers and removed the cat. with a cycle shacks 2 into 1 into 2 head pipe. But, still on a windy 78-80 degree day, this suckers still running 250 temps, even with a 13 to 1 Air/fuel mixture in an open loop fuel calibration.

The cycle shack head pipe mimics the stock HD head pipe configuration without the cat. However, it uses the stock cross exhaust pipe to the left muffler. The cross pipe travels under the frame and under the oil pan. My belief is this cross pipe is cooking the trans./oil pan and, thus, heating the motor. ALOT!! Heat travels up..right? So, I have a set of the Freedom Performance Standard Duals #HD00244 on order to eliminate the cross pipe. I'll let you all know about the quality, fit and most of all, the function..