Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Sedona Orange Remorse?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 12:09 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gee.... Orange?

Old 10-12-2010, 05:35 PM
desertwolf
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

I liked the orange because it really had a retro look to it and I liked the color. It's simple - buy the color you like.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:54 PM
carrotzilla
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Orange is my favorite color. If I knew about 2011 colors (orange or white) would of waited a year.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:58 PM
nextorion
Cruiser

I got vivid black in 2003 when there were limited choices. Have never really been impressed with the vivid black. Orange without a doubt!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Late to the game here, but I'll toss my opinion in:

I love the looks of the orange...but I'd never own one.
I'm a fairly monochromatic person anyway, but I usually like a little bit of color to my bikes (my new SG is my first black bike, actually)

My first Harley was a 2000 Sporty with that silver & aqua two-tone. The aqua looked kick *** beautiful, despite me hating pastel colors with a passion. So I got it.
Within 6 months, though, I was sick of it.

I kind of see the Sedona Orange the same way: beautiful color for Harleys, but one I'd like to see on other bikes now and then...not my own bike every single day.

But that being said, for all of you who love it as much on day 500 as day 1...more power to ya.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:45 AM
dennab
Intermediate

I'm was in the same boat as you....trying to decide on the Sedona or other colors. Here's my two reasons not to go Sedona:

1.) Eventually, you'll say to yourself, "What was I thinking?" after that pretty orange ain't so pretty anymore. Tastes change as do color trends. Sedona Orange is very different than the vivid, primary orange of some of the older HD's. It's a trendy color palette and probably will make the bike very hard to sell (if you ever need or want to) in 5-6 years.

2.) In my opinion, the inner fairing on the RG needs to be color matched to the bike. That's a $900 propostion from HD. Then it hit me....Get the Black Denim and the fairing is already color matched!!!! The flat black plastic inner fairing looks great with the black denim and requires no additional $$ outlay to color match.

Case closed for me.....go denim black!!

Last edited by dennab; 10-17-2010 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Mississippirider
Advanced

Black,black,black,black,black,black,black,did I say black.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:00 PM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dennab
I'm was in the same boat as you....trying to decide on the Sedona or other colors. Here's my two reasons not to go Sedona:

1.) Eventually, you'll say to yourself, "What was I thinking?" after that pretty orange ain't so pretty anymore. Tastes change as do color trends. Sedona Orange is very different than the vivid, primary orange of some of the older HD's. It's a trendy color palette and probably will make the bike very hard to sell (if you ever need or want to) in 5-6 years.
I think you have a good point there.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:16 PM
wildcat465
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marsh
I think the Sedona is hot. It definitely makes a statment. The thing about black is, it remindes be of a guy that have no inagination so he alway gets, black His car, his van, her SUV and his bike, He just can't decide or is too chicken to stay live with black. How boring.
Marsh
As much as I like black bikes all blacked-out, I couldn't agree more with Marsh's comments. A black bike is like the guy who always wears a black suit with white shirt, and a black tie because he lacks a sense of clothing style (picture Archie Bunker).

Sedona orange is bad-***. Be an individual. For me, part of the Harley experience is the flash that comes from the combination of chrome and the color. The orange has flash. Get it and you'll stand out in a sea of black bikes.

Last edited by wildcat465; 01-01-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Troubleman
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lrays280z
Black all the way! If you're already having second thoughts.....you'll be sick of it in a short while. And you know what they say....once you go black.....

Quick Reply: 2011 Sedona Orange Remorse?