Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Tj Silvertip
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON

FOLKS,
Come on!![:@] all this hate towards the new 96" has me confused a little, guys that have 88"ers upgraded them to give them more horses and torque, and For what ??? I can understand small upgrades, EXHAUST for either power or sound, Air Cleaners, pc3s ect all not a drasatic upgrade but relatively cheap, but some of you guys totally rebuilt your engines and if your a good wrench and that is your favorite pass time and hobbie iam cool with that Ive read near $5,000.oo for some jobs if it stops there.
Heres my point ! A H-D is about cruising and having time to see the deer,turkeys,the great mother earth and great friends to do it with and all on a beautifull day, Hell if going fast and having the most powerfull Bike on the road is really your bag why not buy a CRTOTCH ROCKET that goes 150 mph in no time at all ?? I thought H-D was about the rumble! the cruise ! the friends ! them classic looking since 1903 bikes ! When I get my 07 road king I'll do the small upgrades but when Iam old and I give my son the keys ? he'll still be riding a 96"
Tj

Old 09-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Yogibear
Tourer
Default RE: Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON

Finally someone to put into words what a lot of us have been thinking! I too have been wondering why all the dramatic changes to get mega power etc. You need awesome power/speed why? Everybody to their own I guess. Just as a lot of people like the classic
just as many like the queaking to mega power I guess.

later......

Old 09-01-2006, 03:40 PM
bonzo2
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2006 Ultra with a simple stage 1 and SE slip ons. Just rode from Tampa, FL out west. Hit Sturgis and a few other places. Rode 7600+ miles in 20 days and never had an issue with the bike. Every moring I woke up, there she was, she stared aright up and cruised at 80mph each day without missing a beat.

I will admit there were a few days the A/C didn't work but that was about it (lol).

No need for big bores here, been there done that with my 03 Fatboy. Would I have made the above trip with that bike, Hell NO.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:40 PM
dforeid
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

TJ - Nice post and I agree. Had a crotch rocket between my last 2 HD's and they are fun, but in a different way. I just added pipes and a stage 1 download/K&N when I bought my RKC and it works plenty good foor me. As I read through many of these posts, it seems often times the addition of much of the performance upgrades usually comes with a downside as well, beit in reliability or other wierd quirks brought on by the upgrade. I'm going to error towards the side of stock and enjoy the reliability and scenery. If I wanted a power monger, I'd have bought one to begin with, but like they say - to each his own, it's all about the ride.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:51 PM
4x4Given
Tourer

* INDEX OF MOTORCYCLE AND CAR AND BOAT - SCALE OF COOLNESS / PERCEIVED SATISFACTION *
*----+------------+---------------+------------------+---------------+-------------+---------*
*. . DULL . . . . HAS BEEN . . . . WANNA BE . . . . ACCEPTABLE . . . . COOL . . . KING OF THE HILL . *
* . . 70's . . . . . . 80's . . . . . . . . . 90's . . . . . . 99's - 03's . . . . 04 - 06 . . . . . . . . 07 . . . . . . *

Is this how it works?

Old 09-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Tj Silvertip
Advanced

Guys,

I mean a Crotch rocket can go by me 150mph and I feel sorry for that guy because of all the beauty that went by him so fast he didn't even see it!! But a Great sounding Harley Cruiser going by about 65mph sounding great with the dudes feet up on the cruiser pegs beard and hair blowing in his womens face as she shot guns on the bitch seat and is taking a great ride in with her ol'e man WOW!!! it just gives me CHILLS and MAKES ME proud to be an AMERICAN feeling ! GOD BLESS AMERICA
Tj

Old 09-01-2006, 03:57 PM
TRMRC
Cruiser

Yup, nuff said.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12124/1AA839F4D1CA4462AFBF5DE0680FA631.gif[/IMG]

Old 09-01-2006, 03:58 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could never imagine ridin' anything but a Glide now. Owning one is just pure FUN, enjoy riding and maintaining! Stock motor and it runs pretty strong in stage one trim. I enjoy checking out all of the performance and other mods available. Sure can't knock guys who build their motors, comes down to what ya like...$$$$...if not what ya need. If I was looking at a new bike now, no problem pulling the trigger on an '07.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:09 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tj,

I agree with a lot of what you wrote as I also do not need to always be adding to my bike. However, I don't begrudge those that do because many of them do it just for the enjoyment of working on their scoot and watching it morph into something uniquely theirs.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:16 PM
lschultz
Road Master

Stage I(maybe), change the mufflers, different AF, DFO or smilar if needed to richen it up, maybe a different seat, 65-70 on the highway--thats enough for me. I ain't no hurry to get where I am going. See the sites, smell the air, listen to the rumble. Thats enough for me. I think my son is coming around to my way of thinking.[sm=coolness.gif] These sickles are getting like all these people buying these trucks they got to so and so in it to make it one bad *** truck or car. It is there money. Don't impress me.

Quick Reply: Why then do you ride a HARLEY-DAVIDSON